data recovery software (1 Viewer)

mr pharmacist!!!!1

i recently realised a folder of photos (of serious sentimental value) i thought id backed up, i had in fact deleted off my laptop.
does anyone know of any software out there that can deep scan your computers harddrive for deleted files/folders.
i would have deleted them about a month ago.
thanks dudes

I used 'iCare Data Recovery Software' and it totally saved my GFs bacon....it was a recording recovered from a formated MP3 player..

did a deep scan but it doesnt seem to have found what i deleted.
i scanned the pictures folder of my c drive. do i need to be scanning the entire c drive? (recycle bin)
didnt have time to do another scan last night but ill have a looksie later.

aoboa ill give that one a try later, cheers.

scan everything

Like he said - you need to scan the whole drive.
Only problem is that if you installed or created or copied any large files or apps onto your computer in the meantime you could have overwritten the sectors in question.

will do.

if these programs dont work how feasable is it to recover stuff thats been deleted weeks/months?
if i have to pay i wouldnt care, the emotional grief is horrible realising you've lost something.
crai

Well ideally you need to stop using the disk the deleted files are on immediately as once the space is marked as deleted it will eventually be overwritten. So stop using the laptop NOW & remove the disk. Mount it as a slave drive on another system and do the full scan from there.

As aoboa stated is if you 'filled up' the drive the original info will be over written which will make it near impossible to retrive.

temp files, AV updates, browser cache files, etc., will create enough havoc over a month to make me very sceptical about your chances. your chances will improve if there's a geansai load of free space on your drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back