Dark Souls 3 (1 Viewer)

I played the same 5 minutes of the original Dark Souls for two weeks solid (The undead burgh I think it was) and when I finally got past and beat the boss I faced another impossibly hard bit that kept me for weeks too. Then I just started to run past every enemy. And then I realised that there should be more to a game than this so went back and started again, I was still getting my ass handed to me.

So very hard, but so rewarding when you realise that you're actually becoming a better player. But man, that learning curve. It's on my list of "retirement" games, as right now life's too short and there's so many great games to play that don't involve throwing a controller against the wall and wiping away tear-tracks from your cheeks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I played the same 5 minutes of the original Dark Souls for two weeks solid (The undead burgh I think it was) and when I finally got past and beat the boss I faced another impossibly hard bit that kept me for weeks too. Then I just started to run past every enemy. And then I realised that there should be more to a game than this so went back and started again, I was still getting my ass handed to me.

So very hard, but so rewarding when you realise that you're actually becoming a better player. But man, that learning curve. It's on my list of "retirement" games, as right now life's too short and there's so many great games to play that don't involve throwing a controller against the wall and wiping away tear-tracks from your cheeks.

Definitely really hard games. I had Dark Souls 2 for the xbox 360 a few years ago and I gave up just after the first boss for the reasons you said. Then I got Bloodborne when it came out because I loved the Lovecraft inspired graphics and setting and I managed to beat it in a few weeks and the gameplay mechanics clicked for me. In the last few months I went back to Dark Souls 2 and finally beat it and got Dark Souls 1 and beat that too. I think they're incredible games with a really interesting and compelling multiplayer aspect. Best game series I've played and I'm counting down the days till DS3.

Definitely really hard games. I had Dark Souls 2 for the xbox 360 a few years ago and I gave up just after the first boss for the reasons you said. Then I got Bloodborne when it came out because I loved the Lovecraft inspired graphics and setting and I managed to beat it in a few weeks and the gameplay mechanics clicked for me. In the last few months I went back to Dark Souls 2 and finally beat it and got Dark Souls 1 and beat that too. I think they're incredible games with a really interesting and compelling multiplayer aspect. Best game series I've played and I'm counting down the days till DS3.

I might have to get two and three so, and play them in reverse order. I've heard they get easier from sequel to sequel, much to the dismay of the fanboys and purists,

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back