DAMO SUZUKI / MAKOTO KAWABATA December 02:::Crawdaddy (1 Viewer)

Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone!
Holy shit! Best news EVER!!!!
Damo Suzuki is on his way to Poole for a gig or some shit!!!!

But before that he stops for one night only at Crawdaddy to play with Makoto Kawabata from Acid Mothers Temple.
OMG!

Fleshing out the sound will be:

Paul Condon (Bass) www.myspace.com/mahoodsings

Fergus Cullen (Keyboards/Clarinet) www.myspace.com/electonicsensoriaband

Barry Murphy (Laptop/Percussion) www.myspace.com/thelastsound

And me on drums. The gig costs €12.50 and doors are at 8pm. Not sure about support (all applications considered...be quick), but the gig will be quite long it seems!
So the HELL with the Meat Puppets, and god DAMN The Present...Do yourself a favour on the second of December...that's NEXT TUESDAY!!!!! HA HA HA!!!, take yourself out to Crawdaddy, and enjoy Damo's first gig here since the breathtaking appearance in the Spiegeltent with the Jimmy Cake and the fantasticker tour a few years ago with UBS, WOMD, E+S=B and some crazy Cork dudes with Dave Lacey or something who didn't have an acronym for a name.

Any of you who have read this far probably know this stuff but...

Damo sometimes sounds like this: http://www.bardopond.org/bardo_damo.html
(Damo with Bardo Pond)

And Makoto sounds like this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(Mental AMT version of La Novia in the Knitting Factory)

These links should give you a rough flavour of what to expect.

And when they met, it was MOIDER. Etc etc.

Damo Suzuki, formerly vocalist with Can during their most creatively fertile period , has been touring the world constantly over the last few years, playing with local musicians, making spontaneously created music.
From www.damosuzuki.de " I like every concert. When everyone is in the same space and time are very happy. For me it is a really great moment, sometimes, even teardrops start falling because of my happiness. I feel very lucky to be in this moment with such an audience."

From www.acidmotherstemple.com
"Music, for me, is neither something that I create, nor a form of self-expression. All kinds of sounds exist everywhere around us, and my performances solely consist of picking up these sounds, like a radio tuner, and playing them so that people can hear them. However, maybe because my reception is somewhat off, I am unable to perfectly reproduce these sounds. That is why I spend my days rehearsing.
Where do these sounds come from? Who is sending them out? That is not something for me to know, and neither is there any way that I could find out. I simply believe that they come from the 'cosmos'. (Maybe other people would call God the source). Since I was a small child I have been prone to hearing ringing sounds in my ears and other sound phantasms. At the time, I believed that these were messages aimed directly at me from a UFO, and so I would gaze up at the sky. But once I started playing music myself, I came to feel that these noises were a kind of pure sound. And I promised myself that one day I would be able to play those sounds myself. It is only recently that I have begun to feel that I have been able to come close to reproducing these sounds in my solo guitar work, and in my INUI project.
However, in June of 1999, I finally discovered my own 'cosmos' and I experienced an instant of total union with it!! That 'cosmos' is still tiny in size - although any cosmos can, by its very nature, be infinitely huge or infinitely small. The energy and vibrations contained within that it far exceeded my imagination in scope and beauty. I can only describe the miraculous instant when my 'cosmos' accepted my consciousness as MAGIC.

I'm sure Potrid of these parts could give a similarly eloquent quote on the roots of what the rest of us do.

So to recap:

Damo Suzuki / Makoto Kawabata
With Paul Condon / Fergus Cullen / Barry Murphy / Me
Crawdaddy, Tuesday next, December 02
€12.50, Doors at 8pm.

On another note....did any of you notice the posters around town for the missing puppet? It's a little jester puppet and belongs to that guy who performs on Grafton St, (also all over the country), and the posters say it's either been lost or stolen...pity, he's really talented, and the puppet is cool. Must be a big deal for this guy, just thought I'd let you know.

Think that's about it.
BBB out.

It would be really great if someone who is not directly concerned with this gig would bump it. What do people think?

3065838747_565a9a4862_o.jpg

Also, we got Burr Oak supporting, a new band comprising the resplendent Johnny Dykes and the effulgent Karl Burke.

Reminder: Doors are at 8, Damo is planning on a long set starting at 9. So y'know.

I think this might be a brilliant, thrilling and life-affirming gig and in fact probably will be. In fact it definitely will be.

I'm not involved but I don't want it bumped.
I can't shift my Meat Puppets ticket so I guess I'll be using it.

An optimist would say it's an awful good selection for a Tuesday and I can't lose, but the way I see it I just can't win.

Makato will be around again soon enough sure, but I want to see him now!

I'm not involved but I don't want it bumped.
I can't shift my Meat Puppets ticket so I guess I'll be using it.

An optimist would say it's an awful good selection for a Tuesday and I can't lose, but the way I see it I just can't win.

Makato will be around again soon enough sure, but I want to see him now!

Makoto was AMAZING...he picked up everything that was going on, made it a million times better then threw it right back at us. We did one slow piece where he completely took off, that was it for me, I was delighted for the reast of the gig. He claims not to practice. I think he's a witch.
Descender, Flynnduism, I didn't get to meet you, did you manage to make it down?
For anyone who's interested, Red Tape Audio recorded it...fingers crossed it might be releasable! I'll post up when it's done, although we haven't had a listen back to it yet, hopefully it's useable.
Rocking down the sidewalk indeed...I was floating down the sidewalk for the rest of the night. Well, until I got to the Palace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back