custom built midi keyboard. (1 Viewer)

the departed

does such a thing exist? does anyone on here have the knowledge to even customize one?

I basically need a 25 or 32 key board with pitch bend, semi weighted keys velocity etc.

is this doable? even could I say, take an axiom 25 and gut it?

want something really basic that won't take up space.
doepfer do some lovely ones but only in large 66 key size.

oh I should stress as well that it's good old fashioned midi not USB. I might see if I could gut my axiom. I could take out the pads and fit my tetra synth in there.

ah it could be a piss of piss to just rip out the rotary faders and pads. depends how the thing is wired I guess.
hmmmmm.

i'm pretty sure (but probably 100% wrong) that the midi signals piped in a usb would be identical to those in a midi cable. being midi and all that.

i'm pretty sure (but probably 100% wrong) that the midi signals piped in a usb would be identical to those in a midi cable. being midi and all that.
no id say youre right alright. for some reason i have it in my head that USB would be easier to do..

also, when i was in schneider's buero i saw a lot of what looked like custom/modded controllers. if you look at the left of this image you can basically see exactly what im looking for..

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/schneiders-buero.jpg

its just the keys and basic controls and its sort of exposed.

SCRAP EVERYTHING. I WANT ONE OF THESE.

schizotron.jpg

this has a midi out around the back? you can use it without usb. is that what you mean?
oxygen8.jpg

yeah i gots 2 of those already but i dont like the keys as much as semi weighted. although if i could do it with them then id be happy.

i definitely wouldn't start gutting anything unless you know what you're doing. you'd most likely wreck it i would imagine?

yeah the plan is to buy a cheap one on ebay maybe.

did y'all look at the pic i posted of schneider's buero? the little exposed keyboard on the left...any ideas?

wouldn't people be hacking all kinds of things and lashing a usb cable on the other end of old midi synths if this were the case?
i think its pretty easy to convert old synths to midi if you know how. doepfer do a midi board for that very purpose.

you have some rack synth that you want to build into a specific case with a dedicated keyboard? don't bother hacking anything just build a case that the rack thing slots into and the keybard sits under. no?

MOOG+VOYAGER+MINIMOOG.JPG
i have this:
dave_smith_tetra.jpg

i basically bought it to have a really powerful analogue synth on the road. im doing a lot more gigs now and im trying to have everything in a table top case i can just open and play off.

thing is im used to playing actually keyboards and i like the pots to be just above the keys. now one of the suggestions might be to just program the pots on the axiom but i really dont like the feel of them compared to the dave smith ones.

so basically i just want the most minimal midi keyboard possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back