Curry Rolls - Where art thou? (1 Viewer)

Ferox13

I used to get my curried Rice filled batted goodness at the Savoy on the corner of NCR - Fitzgibbon st but they seemed to have new ones in that have potato in them as well as the rice and they just aren't as good.

Anywhere near(ish) that sell them. They used to do them in the Friar Tuck (near Clonliff rd) but I was in there yesterday and they stopped. They still do spice burgers though which leads me to believe the 'Spice Burger Scare' was all a smokescreen so they could take/switch our Curry Rolls.

Any helps?

It looks like a large battered sausage but inside its rice and curry sauce. It kinda nasty but really nice.

Oh the Chipper on Cork Street used to do em but not been there in 15 years,

Ah, i had to google these curry rolls and i believe i've had something similiar. My local chinky in East Wall (RIP Gentings) used called these Curry Trigons. I believe I've also had a version with mayonnaise and chicken, not the best really since it's deep fried.

Only gaff i ever got one out of was the chipper on Parnell Square, across from the Gate. Its called Fusciardis or something like that.

Only gaff i ever got one out of was the chipper on Parnell Square, across from the Gate. Its called Fusciardis or something like that.

That's Cinelli's I think? Got a battered sausage in there last week and was disgusted not to receive a scoop of chips with it.

That's Cinelli's I think? Got a battered sausage in there last week and was disgusted not to receive a scoop of chips with it.

It must be a ression thing - i just recently seen a sign in a chipper to say there was no 'few chips' requests anymore :)

It must be a ression thing - i just recently seen a sign in a chipper to say there was no 'few chips' requests anymore :)

You'll still get them most places though, I've found. Indeed up in Burdock's I thought that the chap had mistakenly thought I'd asked for battered sausage and chips, so plentiful was the scoop of chips he gave me.

you're not allowed say that!
if you can't be racially sensitive towards the chinese i suggest you start buying your fast food from wop-shops.

I think its in Parnell Street - theres a chipper there that has a hand written 'Now Under Italian management' sign in the window.

I used to get my curried Rice filled batted goodness at the Savoy on the corner of NCR - Fitzgibbon st but they seemed to have new ones in that have potato in them as well as the rice and they just aren't as good.

I've only ever had the potato-y ones, now I really want to try a the ricey version! Just discovered my local chippy in London does them, will have to find out what choice of stodgy filling lies within. (In London they don't understand you when you talk about "chippers", they're chippies.)

I always thought curry rolls were the invention of the Cinnelli family chipper on Cavendish Roww/Parnell Sq and a select band of other chippers got them from there. I saw them making them once. they had sticks of frozen curried rice and were battering them for the initial deep fry. they always seem to be out of them any time i go looking for one
:-( . I also like them 'pie' yolks you get in cork city. you can't beat battered carbohydrates. am looking forward to havin my first ever deep fried pizza in Glasgow next saturday.

:-( . I also like them 'pie' yolks you get in cork city. you can't beat battered carbohydrates. am looking forward to havin my first ever deep fried pizza in Glasgow next saturday.
Potato pies? I'm convinced when I had them as a kid, they had bits of mince in them...could that be true!? Haven't eaten one in about 15 years tho so the memory's a bit hazy...

Potato pies? I'm convinced when I had them as a kid, they had bits of mince in them...could that be true!? Haven't eaten one in about 15 years tho so the memory's a bit hazy...

They call them 'pies' but it is actually battered mash potato with herbs and spices deep fried. they are great with mushy peas.any Cork folk will surely know what I'm on about? you get great ones in a chipper in Turners Cross beside that amazing Art Deco church and the Cork City football ground.

They call them 'pies' but it is actually battered mash potato with herbs and spices deep fried. they are great with mushy peas.any Cork folk will surely know what I'm on about? you get great ones in a chipper in Turners Cross beside that amazing Art Deco church and the Cork City football ground.
I'm from Cork, dude, born & bred. The chipper is Dino's pizza. KCs in Douglas, where I'm from, is reckoned to be one of the best chippers in the city...that's where I would have had potato pies from back in the day. Next time you're in Cork you should visit KCs and try their potato pies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back