Curb Your Enthusiasm thread (1 Viewer)

so i've watched all of season 7 now. thought it was brilliant up until the last two episodes, larry seemed weird in those two, a bit tired and less energetic or something, not as many laughs. but the other eps were top notch; the wheelchairs, the midriff, the black guy who lives with larry, etc.

definately should end it now tho, it's the right time.

what does that mean though? it's not like i've said the show sucked from day one and kept
watching (like you and lost, timmyboy!!) - there was a noticeable change in pace and
writing, and i'm guessing preparation in all of these episodes. a huge percentage of (the
improvised!) scene's just degenerated into screaming matches....it wasn't particularly
funny, everything was signposted a mile off and it was very different to the other series.
this is not an unconsidered, reactionary decision!

we just watched series 2 last week, probably for the millionth time, and gut bustin laughs
are still there. so it's not the premise of the show or the characters that i suddenly find
unfunny, just the execution.

what does that mean though? it's not like i've said the show sucked from day one and kept
watching (like you and lost, timmyboy!!) - there was a noticeable change in pace and
writing, and i'm guessing preparation in all of these episodes. a huge percentage of (the
improvised!) scene's just degenerated into screaming matches....it wasn't particularly
funny, everything was signposted a mile off and it was very different to the other series.

we just watched series 2 last week, probably for the millionth time, and gut bustin laughs
are still there. so it's not the premise of the show or the characters that i suddenly find

As Joe Duffy would say, "Point well made"

Which season featured the episode where Larry told Hugh Mellon that his 8 year old son had a nice penis? Season 3? That was my favourite.

I thought this season was ok but its hard to argue with the criticisms in this thread. The show is starting to go stale in its current state. If its not going to undergo some kind of overhaul for the next season i'd be happy to see it end now and go out strong.

This season could have done with more of the Seinfeld storyline. The season only got going in the last two episodes, which I thought were really well put together. Also, only nine episodes and a 40 minute finale smacks of idea shortage.

The non-Seinfeld episodes weren't great, they felt more like album filler than the hit single compilations of the earlier seasons.

Still the only TV show I could be arsed watching online though.

What am i sayin', every season has ten episodes. Still feel short-changed though.

Don't worry about it

seinfeld.jpg

I thought it had its quality moments and I enjoyed it all in a light entertainment kinda way.I think the swan may have been a bit of a shark jump though.

The episode with Leon as the Jewish guy was by far and away the best.

Moral of the series: MORE LEON.

Leon is a bit of a poor man's Crazee-Eyez Killah.

Still great buh.

I think he's much better than CEK. CEK's lines seem to come straight from Larry whereas Leon's material seems to be totally off the cuff and his own stuff. The 'get in that ass' scene is priceless.

I think he's much better than CEK. CEK's lines seem to come straight from Larry whereas Leon's material seems to be totally off the cuff and his own stuff. The 'get in that ass' scene is priceless.

Naaah, Larry has said somewhere that CEK's lines were improvised and that he (Larry) found it nearly impossible not to crack up. Can never get enough of CEK.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is JB Smoove (Leon) doing standup. He doesn't seem as funny without Larry's input.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back