Crowther Hotcake pedals???? (1 Viewer)

Psychotic no 2

Was at Charlotte Hatherley last night and she was using two of these - they seemed to work well for her - anyone ever used one or know much about them?

For what its worth I used one a bit, a friend had one, it was in front of a fender twin... I really didn't notice it doing much, it's meant to do [blah blah] to the low end, and [blah blah] boast the signal or something, it changed the tone of the low end a little, maybe opened it out... but you couldn't say it was *wow*

Though on flipside over time I came to hate the fender twin and it's brittle glass like ways, and I suspect the pedal might have done more in a humbucker hard rockin marshall type of set up

I'm going for most pointless post of the week here so... uh...

For what its worth I used one a bit, a friend had one, it was in front of a fender twin... I really didn't notice it doing much, it's meant to do [blah blah] to the low end, and [blah blah] boast the signal or something, it changed the tone of the low end a little, maybe opened it out... but you couldn't say it was *wow*

Though on flipside over time I came to hate the fender twin and it's brittle glass like ways, and I suspect the pedal might have done more in a humbucker hard rockin marshall type of set up

I'm going for most pointless post of the week here so... uh...

Hmmm, what would it do with a Blues Junior (<gloat> which is what I'm rockin' these days <gloat>)?

Hmmm, what would it do with a Blues Junior (<gloat> which is what I'm rockin' these days <gloat>)?

uh, well I guess it might make it sound like SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT YR FANCY AMP!

:)

How was Chaz Hatherly? I quite liked her first record... now if she came on to me, rather then your Liz Phairs, well it might be a whole other story...

depending on what her new albums is like, natch!

uh, well I guess it might make it sound like SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT YR FANCY AMP!

:)

How was Chaz Hatherly? I quite liked her first record... now if she came on to me, rather then your Liz Phairs, well it might be a whole other story...

depending on what her new albums is like, natch!

Hmm, she was cool but pretty restrained. I like what I've heard of the new album. I'd say you could probably persuade yerself like. ;)

Hmm, she was cool but pretty restrained. I like what I've heard of the new album. I'd say you could probably persuade yerself like. ;)

Lie back and think of England and all that, yeah... I suppose...

charlotte-hatherley.jpg

Edel, on the radio this morning, gave the most damning review you can give a gig. She said "it was solid....I suppose....."

harsh ;)

Oh stop. I suppose that's what's known as damning with faint praise. I really did like her but I just felt she was holding back and the audience were holding back so it was all a bit polite. And those two dudes on bass and guitar? Smacked of session musicians. She was wearing this top though, which was lovely...
43.jpg

Hehe. Yeah, she's lovely. I'm thinking of cutting my hair like hers. Sigh. Then I'll go back to reading my Jackie magazines.

I think my hair looked like that last week... um...

here if you interview her again put in a good word for us will ya? y'know "oh you use a hot cake pedal, I know someone who uses a hot cake pedal, you guys should hook up", yeah?

are you interviewing anyone else I might like to date soon?

I think my hair looked like that last week... um...

here if you interview her again put in a good word for us will ya? y'know "oh you use a hot cake pedal, I know someone who uses a hot cake pedal, you guys should hook up", yeah?

are you interviewing anyone else I might like to date soon?

Somebody told me she goes out with the director of the Hot Fuzz film - it was in a drunken haze though so I'm not sure. Can't think of any upcoming interviewees/potential dates for you. Will let you know when Liz or Julianna are coming in.

seen nada surf in whelans,the guitar player used one,sounded immense!
steve malkmus from pavement uses one all the time too
as does nils cline from wilco
and ed from radiohead

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back