Crossing borders with rental cars. (1 Viewer)

ratmonkey

Any one know if any nice car rental company will allow you to drop off the car in a different country without charging a horrible fee for so doing?
Specifically, I'm talking collecting car in France, dropping it in Spain.

ratmonkey said:
Any one know if any nice car rental company will allow you to drop off the car in a different country without charging a horrible fee for so doing?
Specifically, I'm talking collecting car in France, dropping it in Spain.

I got stung for about 350 quid!!!!! for dropping a car at a different rental office across a border. even though it was specified in the order that we were dropping off at different locations but they neglected to include the extra cost in the quote - we only found out when we arrived at the airport. They even told us that the car was from the belfast office when we picked it up in cork. well actually work paid for it but still.

p.s.DON'T RENT A CAR FROM BUDGET RENTAL

try AVIS - have always been good. They may have different rules on the drop off.

I know they have different rules on other things e.g. most rental companies insist that the driver has to be the credit card holder for the payment, no questions. I was in spain recently and my card was lifted and had to be cancelled but Avis allowed us to us my g/f card even though I was the driver. sound.

you can also offset your carbon emissions with avis for a small fee (debatable but whatever)

Tried to rent a car last week but people want you to have your full licence with a full year. I've it since november. Anyone who'll let you away with having it for less?

ReadySteadyJedi said:
Tried to rent a car last week but people want you to have your full licence with a full year. I've it since november. Anyone who'll let you away with having it for less?

mmmmm. i doubt it.

Anyone have any experience of car rental in Cork and getting a ferry to the Uk with it? Ive been asked about it here at work and my experience only stretches as far as taking a van to Belfast

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back