Croatia (1 Viewer)

I've been twice it's an amazing country, highly recommended. First time was Zadar and Zagreb and second time down by Dubrovnik.

We went to Croatia for our honeymoon in 2002.

Flight over was shitty – delayed takeoff then a forced landing in Split because of a cabin crew dispute about overtime. We were there from 4AM to 7AM and then were flown to Dubrovnik which took 15 minutes.
We were staying in Hotel Croatia which was located in Cavtat, about 20 miles from Dubrovnik [but only 6 from Dubrovnik airport]
Great hotel , luxurious, half board. We ate evening meal there about 50% of the time. Reasonably good food.
No sand there. Stony beaches. Lost the wedding ring after two days while swimming.

Almost wonderful weather - thunder and lightning for two days.

A beautiful country. We went into Dubrovnik four evenings by water taxi [boat]. It’s spectacular and remarkably well-preserved after the recent conflict

Food wise – restaurants are not wonderful – just average although the fresh fish is great.
Cheap though as is the drink. Euro widely accepted. Local currency is the Kuna €1 = Kuna 7
People very friendly.
We probably should have done more travelling around as we didn’t see that much of the country. Had a maniac taxi ride too - from Dubrovnik to the hotel one night during a storm - water taxi couldn't bring us back.

Crap record shops.

Overall I would recommend it. Getting very popular too.

(c) nlgbbbblth 2003

Was in Zadar a few years ago. It's a bit like Italy (so I'm told) only far more relaxed and slow moving. Hugely relaxing, great food, really cheap. Took a boat tour of the islands and ate the best fish I've ever had. I'd love to go to one of the cities there. Lovely people too. Don't be freaked out by all the eye contact, it's just what they do.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm more concerned that it got posted. I have that social media stuff turned off.

should definitely be off now. new way of doing the social thread sharing broke the opt out functionality. I've set up a new user group for you that is set to NEVER share threads. Give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back