Crimes against guitars.... (1 Viewer)

well we dont all live in dublin, so the other option is usually country (and western) or thumping discos or pricks playing stuff off the radio.

why so defensive of shitty bar blues?? as gaz says, you basically have to get drunk to enjoy it, and the same can easy be said for dance music and e's, that doesnt make it good music does it?? anyways, there's a huge culture clash on this it seems, all you lads seem to be defending blues by numbers to the bitter end, and i'm always good for a scrap on the web, but i'd love actually know WHY defend it?? the transitions from the origins of blues to this bar blues would be sorta the same as if kesha or britney or whoever the latest x factor winner is got to number one every week with a folk song from southern spain at the turn of the century and the southern spanish never received any royalties. i mean sure, if you going to be a shit bar band then fire in a few few blues licks to please the crowd, but if your going to talk about guitars and the mistreatment of them, you eventually need to discuss the sounds people are using them to make, and not what colour they are.

All I did was try to point out that your criticisms,directed at shitty blues musicians,are not exclusive to shitty blues musicians.

Oh,and, Blues hater.

and also,some prog's pretty good,some's pretty shit.

the transitions from the origins of blues to this bar blues would be sorta the same as if kesha or britney or whoever the latest x factor winner is got to number one every week with a folk song from southern spain at the turn of the century and the southern spanish never received any royalties. i mean sure, if you going to be a shit bar band then fire in a few few blues licks to please the crowd, but if your going to talk about guitars and the mistreatment of them, you eventually need to discuss the sounds people are using them to make, and not what colour they are.

This analogy is all over the place.. I can't get my head around it.. IT'S LIKE LISTENING TO PROG

the transitions from the origins of blues to this bar blues would be sorta the same as if kesha or britney or whoever the latest x factor winner is got to number one every week with a folk song from southern spain at the turn of the century and the southern spanish never received any royalties. i mean sure, if you going to be a shit bar band then fire in a few few blues licks to please the crowd, but if your going to talk about guitars and the mistreatment of them, you eventually need to discuss the sounds people are using them to make, and not what colour they are.

This analogy is all over the place.. I can't get my head around it.. IT'S LIKE LISTENING TO PROG

I made it to the end and there was no drum solo so it's nothing like prog

Someone remind me to post pic's of the baritone that I'm currently making when it's done.:p

It's probably savable but not at that price. Maybe $200 dollars and it'd be worth the effort.

Yeah over priced but I've always loved Japanese fenders the necks feel really nice in the hand and they often sound trebley and cheap Roland S Howard style.

is there an explanation of why iy looks like it's made of mala (is that how you spell that ? I mean plasticine for you blue peter heads)

Ah there was
Made in Japan Fender Thinline Telecaster. The guy I purchased the guitar from was an art student who decided to make it into an art project. He painted the top of the guitar in thick blue textured paint, somewhat reminiscent of Van Gough's "Starry Night" without the stars. In fact when I saw the guitar I asked him if he was influenced by Van Gough in painting the guitar and he said he was.

He had to have failed his degree that guitar looks shit.

Found this a few months back, anybody who owns a Rickenbacker would understand......... http://www.the-music-connection.com/rhos.htm

Mickenbacker

rhosmick.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back