Crimes against guitars.... (1 Viewer)

I'm curious about opinion on relic'd/road worn guitars that have been heavily gigged will be in 10/20 years though. How would you know it started as a relic?

i could be wrong but i think the varnish they use has been improved, so they will probably all look like the day they left the shop.

that technique is more or less how rory gallaghers guitar was 'made'. rory gallagher is a terrible person to mention with the rant i was about to have, but guitar crime is really the 9 million guys who hoard the most amazing guitars pieces of equipment around and use them to rehash the blues in shit pubs.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? What does Gallagher or his guitar have to do with it? And what does blues music have to do with it?
I've seen plenty of people with nice gear play many different styles of music really shittily.

As opposed to what? Whelans?
rehashed blues is best heard in shit pubs, drunk. good times. especially if there's some nice gear to check out.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean? What does Gallagher or his guitar have to do with it? And what does blues music have to do with it?
I've seen plenty of people with nice gear play many different styles of music really shittily.

gallagher was in reply to marks post. and your right, you dont understand what i mean.

rehashed blues is best heard in shit pubs, drunk. good times. especially if there's some nice gear to check out.

checking out gear is a sure sign of shit band.

I think I get your point about Gallagher. But I still don't understand why blues musicians are singled out as bad musicians hoarding nice gear.

As opposed to just bad musicians hoarding nice gear.

I think it's just a stereotype of rich bankers and lawyers (mostly american) who play the blues and buy a lot of nice gear.

very few other musical genre's are actually based around a chord progression and a specific scale, and are so associated with the guitar.

Every genre has it's cliche's. Your picking on blues because you don't like it,and using people hoarding gear as an excuse.

I'm with Showerzy here,nothing wrong wirra birra shitty bar blues when yer on one.......

well we dont all live in dublin, so the other option is usually country (and western) or thumping discos or pricks playing stuff off the radio.

Every genre has it's cliche's. Your picking on blues because you don't like it,and using people hoarding gear as an excuse.

why so defensive of shitty bar blues?? as gaz says, you basically have to get drunk to enjoy it, and the same can easy be said for dance music and e's, that doesnt make it good music does it?? anyways, there's a huge culture clash on this it seems, all you lads seem to be defending blues by numbers to the bitter end, and i'm always good for a scrap on the web, but i'd love actually know WHY defend it?? the transitions from the origins of blues to this bar blues would be sorta the same as if kesha or britney or whoever the latest x factor winner is got to number one every week with a folk song from southern spain at the turn of the century and the southern spanish never received any royalties. i mean sure, if you going to be a shit bar band then fire in a few few blues licks to please the crowd, but if your going to talk about guitars and the mistreatment of them, you eventually need to discuss the sounds people are using them to make, and not what colour they are.

There's nothing wrong with blue guitars look here's one.
fender70p4.jpg

P.S Prog is shite.

prog rocks and so does that guitar.

I played in a bar blues band with a bunch of auld lads when I was 18..I mean these lads were in there 40's and 50's...great crack..AND I GOT FUCKING PAID....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back