Credit card scam calls (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 25
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 4
so could you go into a shop and spend 497,, then call them up and say - here this geezer just called me......

The next 3 are the security numbers that verify that you are in possession of the card' (these are the numbers they are really after as these are the numbers you use to make internet purchases to prove you have the card).

'Read me the 3 numbers.' When you do he says 'That is correct. I just needed to verify that the card has not been lost or stolen, and that you still have your card. Do you have any other questions? Don't hesitate to call back if you do.'
if anyone is stupid enough to fall for this they deserve to get milked for all they have. same goes for emails from your bank.

spiritualtramp said:
if anyone is stupid enough to fall for this they deserve to get milked for all they have. same goes for emails from your bank.

yeah. really..if anyone you dont know rings your phone or emails you, tell them to go fuck themself. thats my plan from now on.

egg_ said:
st you're so hard on people! Being stupid now and again is something we all do, no?
yeah, sorry bout that. think I was in a mood when I posted that.

one thing I am paranoid about is using bank machines - I am always looking above where you put your card in for a hidden camera thingy. I think this scam is more common in Britain that it is here though.

has anyone ever had someone stand near them when you are taking out money from a bank machine and they tell you that you have dropped something - so they can nick your card? happened to me a while ago. I was like "no I didn't drop anything, fuck off".

Had someone in work the other day who had

a) clicked on a link in a spoof e-mail
B) gone to a spoof paypal site
c) gone to a fake £1.50 a minute 'customer service' number
d) given out their login details over the phone to the person on that number
e) rang me a week later and gave out to me for it

agh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back