CRASS & THE PURPLE OVERDOSE - DID PENNY RIP 'EM OFF? WOT DO YOU THINK? (1 Viewer)

jasper mckatt

I was listening to popsike & psychedlic rock the other day (as I often do whilst cooking the kids tea & tripping out on fresh picked pysillocibe) and got this Great Greek psyche band called the purple overdose - their track 'her arms embraced the sun' starts , well I THINK SO, like Crass's 'reality asylum' - no, no, no, not with blasphemy agaisnt jesus, but with the kids in the playground bit - I'm almost convincing myself that Penny rimbaud rifled through his old LPs to rip the kids noise bit of this - have a listen to the start of bothe tracks and tell me what you think????

and if you like medaeval psyche, try CIRCULUS - 'my body is made of sunlight'. These lot are OFF their heads. they played at Willie stichypress fest in carrick last year, but I missed 'em cos was out the country, wot a bummer man!

If this was posted before I missed it, so ..

"Back in the 60's a certain Jeremy Ratter (Penny Rimbaud) later of CRASS won a art competition on a very popular pop show."

When Crass met the Beatles

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Heres some top drawer medieval psyche..made by an ex central heating engineer no less!

If this was posted before I missed it, so ..

"Back in the 60's a certain Jeremy Ratter (Penny Rimbaud) later of CRASS won a art competition on a very popular pop show."

When Crass met the Beatles

he talks about it in his autobiography. If I recall correctly he didn't really know who they were since he only likes avant garde jazz and difficult 20th century classical stuff.

I thought he was just being pretentious or trying to be funny when he asks for those records at the end of this clip

how avant garde of him

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back