Covid-19 supermarket/panic buy updates (1 Viewer)

Have to go to woodies and buy some brackets and screws to attach bookcases to the walls. Anyone been to woodies glasnevin yet? Full of fun?

Have to go to woodies and buy some brackets and screws to attach bookcases to the walls. Anyone been to woodies glasnevin yet? Full of fun?
Woodie's in Sandyford had a huge queue yesterday. Chadwicks around the corner had none. If it's hardware you're after, try a builders' merchant i.e. somewhere without a garden centre.

I'm looking forward to Saturday when I can buy some proper sized line for my strimmer. This weekend is going to rock.

I've heard a few recent comments about people going to supermarkets in the past few days and just walking in with no one at the door. Is that becoming the case everywhere now?

Was in Tesco and M+S earlier, both had staff managing traffic in and out.

Lidl have seemed to take the lead amongst stores at every stage, newest feature they're introducing is a traffic light and digital monitoring system, so in and out behaviour is bang on

lidl and aldi can be stupidly hit and miss.

one thing which annoys me about lidl is a lot of them still only have an area literally about the size of a draining board on a kitchen sink for the scanned goods/bagging. yesterday was the first time i think i touched a human other than my wife, in a couple of months - i was reaching for something to bag it as the cashier was dropping a fresh item in. it forces you to stand up beside the cashier, and they were designed purely for trolleys, before the baskets were introduced in store.
that was lidl in omni, but the one up in gulliver's retail park has proper sized runout areas for the scanned shopping.

I've heard a few recent comments about people going to supermarkets in the past few days and just walking in with no one at the door. Is that becoming the case everywhere now?

I was sent to the post office in town yesterday to send a letter by express post. Had to queue at the supervalu as it is part of the same building.

After 3 minutes, a manager came asking if anyone in the queue was for the post office or stationery shop so could skip the queue

Then I did a full shop *evil laugh*

that last line is a lie.

Long line outside super valu today when I was out for a walk

Maybe it was just a coincidence then. There was a big line at supervalu when I passed today.

Our post office is in supervalu. If it wasnt I'd be selling on discogs again( at least to some countries) I dont fancy queuing up to get in to supervalu then queue at the post office to send something really cheap.

Maybe it was just a coincidence then. There was a big line at supervalu when I passed today.

Our post office is in supervalu. If it wasnt I'd be selling on discogs again( at least to some countries) I dont fancy queuing up to get in to supervalu then queue at the post office to send something really cheap.

Ballymun?

Pregnant women get all the breaks.

It wasn't the blurst. Was queuing at 8.05 and inside after 15/20 minutes, was like a fun airport security line except less fun.

All tills open, loads of pricks buying stuff, but avoid the bits and pieces shoppers and through in no time.

Sadly, lots of attractive women in yoga pants. LOL, not sad at all. But no chocolate on my till. Shit one.

But no chocolate on my till. Shit one.

I've been twice in the last two weeks. always head to the Swedish Supermarket bit for the chocolate. They've new(to me) ones that are a bit more expensive, one with lingen berries and one with blueberries, and i think a white chocolate one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back