Covid-19 supermarket/panic buy updates (1 Viewer)

The the scheduled "big shop" in Newry yesterday. Mostly fine. No GF bread. Really, the only other things sold out were rubbish food. For example when those microwave rice packet first came out a few years ago, we used to buy a few but stopped about 6 months ago, I've noticed that they have stopped selling. Price cuts etc to get them going again. Yesterday.... all gone.

Picked up a gas bottle and spare dog food this morning in navan. No bother.

The the scheduled "big shop" in Newry yesterday. Mostly fine. No GF bread. Really, the only other things sold out were rubbish food. For example when those microwave rice packet first came out a few years ago, we used to buy a few but stopped about 6 months ago, I've noticed that they have stopped selling. Price cuts etc to get them going again. Yesterday.... all gone.

Picked up a gas bottle and spare dog food this morning in navan. No bother.
I hate that microwaveable rice shite.

Just back from lidl in fonthill. No toilet paper at all. But dont worry they had filled the space with plants,so we can have plenty of leaves to use instead.

I was gonna stockpiling today but felt to nervous I really want to get some charcoals for burning incense they have them in the post office usually but I suspect that's a germ fest.

Planning on tesco tomorrow night. So expecting a big announcement in the morning to cause total mayhem again.

I am going to wear a mask. Fuck it.

Himself reports local supervalue was fine. Out of a few things, but had everything we wanted. They're limiting the number of people in the store at a time and spraying people's hands as they go in. Just got an email from Arnotts to say they're closing the store until further notice.

Went to Supervalu Ashtown last night at 8.30. Wore a mask. Stocks were plentiful, not that many shoppers. As always with supervalue ashtown, there was a least one hottie. Lady at the till asked the dude behind me to step back, which was cool.

They had an empty hand sanatiser and box of gloves at the entrance.

I bought two packs of dog food and two bales of briquettes this morning

I'm starting to lose it I fear

No tins of spinach or chopped tomatoes in my local supermarket earlier. I've noticed that the Supervalu and Roma tins stack very easily and steady, likewise the Epicure, John West and Sunny South tins. Tesco, Bachelors and Lustre tins do not stack so easily on top of each other and are will fall over if they are not well supported by sturdier goods. Nothing like a pandemic to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back