Covid-19 supermarket/panic buy updates (1 Viewer)

Everyone thinks we're about to run out of food so they will grow their own. I mean, it's not completely unreasonable in a society constantly encouraged to trust no-one. Sure we're all 50% doomsday preppers at the best of times.

My parents were saying the same thing last night. What the fuck like? Has Ireland gone gardening mad now we're all confined to our homes?
also, chickens are in short supply. our two were taken by a fox a couple of weeks ago, and a friend was going to do a run down to a chap in wicklow for some, but he's sold out and only has geese at the moment.

I dont trust meat thats that cheap.
You always have to cook chicken thoroughly

But for stews and sandwiches, I don't see the point in overspending

A roast chicken, you can probably taste the difference with a free range bird, but for most things, get the stuff on sale.

Got this off the rot rack last November, pulled it out of the freezer last night
It will last me til next week

1585154881398.png

Yesterday I opened a cheese that we'd had in the fridge a few weeks, mould on three faces.

I threw it in the fire. First time I've ever thrown a whole block of cheese on a fire.

As I'm 'at work' I had to send uncle travelling matt shopping.

Ann: 'I need two red peppers'.

Matt: 'What is a pepper'.

Ann: 'i need two leeks'.

Matt: 'What is a leek?'.

About a day ago I had ideas of teaching him to cook while I am home, this faded very fast today.

Very nice people have kindly brought us groceries while we're banned from the shops. It's a really surprising mix! Things I've never bought in my life. Every meal is a best before-based mad libs.

IMG_20200320_163651.jpg
Well I've gone through over half a packet of charcoal already I had to give it a break for a few days it was getting too pungent dunno if it can scare away Corona geussing prob not

You always have to cook chicken thoroughly

But for stews and sandwiches, I don't see the point in overspending

A roast chicken, you can probably taste the difference with a free range bird, but for most things, get the stuff on sale.

Got this off the rot rack last November, pulled it out of the freezer last night
It will last me til next week

View attachment 13729
Nevermind about meat that’s too cheap, I certainly don’t trust American cheap meat.
Pumped full of Hormones and god knows what.
That being said, if I’d a few beers on me I’d eat shite on a stick

Just back from supervalu,seem well organised,long queue moving fast enough,no queue at tills,well stocked,lots of gloved staff.

But fuck all the assholes that stroll up past the queue and even think they can just jump in. And there were far too many. These fuckers didnt even look at the hand sanitizer at two different spots on the way. Assholes.

Fair play to everyone else though.

My parents were saying the same thing last night. What the fuck like? Has Ireland gone gardening mad now we're all confined to our homes?

Just a sidebar on the doomsday prepper gardening fiasco.

I went and spent more than weeks wages on outdoor things last week - They were all on a list I'd been generating since probably november and virusland coincided with the first week of workable weather we've seen since last year. So I bought the whole list, which normally would have been split over 2-3 months seeing I've no commute giving me 2hrs extra a day. I think the whole of rural suburbia did the same which probably looks like corona panic but also could just be planning and opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back