Counterpart (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
two episode in so far and I am enjoying this immensely. JK Simmons, JK Simmons, and a few “that guy from that other thing”-types do 70s spy thriller flavoured sci fi.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah it’ll probably be cancelled.

The English boss guy was viserys targaeryan in game of thrones. That should save you a visit to IMDB.

Are you watching Altered Carbon on Netflix? It’s the polar opposite of this. Counterpart is clever, unpredictable, exciting and funny and has interesting characters. Altered Carbon is dumb, loud and humourless, has bad cgi, cheap looking Blade Runner visuals, OTT sex and violence and a bland hero played by a terrible muscle bound actor.

I wonder which one will get a second series?

Are you watching Altered Carbon on Netflix? It’s the polar opposite of this. Counterpart is clever, unpredictable, exciting and funny and has interesting characters. Altered Carbon is dumb, loud and humourless, has bad cgi, cheap looking Blade Runner visuals, OTT sex and violence and a bland hero played by a terrible muscle bound actor.

I wonder which one will get a second series?

watched the first episode of Altered Carbon. Will probably stick with it, but it's apples and oranges really, innit

Counterpart. Spy thriller/sci fi with JK Simmons as a government employee who discovers there's a gateway to an alternate reality under the building he works at. Deadly stuff - smartly written, brilliantly acted, tense and doesn't rely on bad CGI. Like last year's Quarry this is a class show and will probably be cancelled after the first season.

Altered Carbon. Big bag of shite. The CGI is bad, the visuals rip off Blade Runner and the lead actor is fucking awful

Mosaic. Steven Soderberg murder mystery. Takes a few episodes to get into but worth sticking with. Just sort of ended though, and I wasn't sure if there's more to come, I don't think there is for this season but I hope it gets renewed.

Hap and Leonard season 2. This is decent but not the trashy, fun hillbilly noir I pictured in my head. It's well acted, thoughtful and slow paced but maybe to a fault? I was hoping for True Detective Season 1 crossed with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Masters of Horror. Anthology show with each episode directed by a different horror legend - Carpenter, Tobe Hooper, John Landis etc.. a mixed bag.

Altered Carbon is a remake? I've definitely seen this before.

This sounds deadly. Thanks for the tip chaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back