Could Ireland host an ATP event? (1 Viewer)

NoNo

It would be great if one was held here, considering that Iceland has one in two months with a strong enough lineup.
Mosney could fill in for camber sands:)

mosney would be better, because cork is miles away from everything. the gardai wouldn't be a problem if its all done right, its the aikens and the mcd's getting a cut that would seal the deal.

If it's a holiday camp surely they would already have an entertainment and alcohol license? Doesn't matter what music the bands are playing.

If it's a holiday camp surely they would already have an entertainment and alcohol license? Doesn't matter what music the bands are playing.

In theory yes, but, I'd have thought that the fact that its based around the use of chalets, the gardai would consider the organisers directly resonsible for what goes on inside said chalets therefore falling under that "knowingly allowing" laws. The Gardai already take the drugs at festivals situation way too seriously but I'd imagine they would reserve the right to search your chalet at any time they wanted and could legally charge the festival organisers with a crime if you are found on their property with drugs. I think it gets a bit more complicated at outdoor festivals since "your" tent is not a fixed structure etc.

Basically I'm saying, yeah we probably could have an ATP but the Gardai would probably fucking ruin it for everyone.

Do concert promoters/venues really get in trouble if people are caught with drugs?

Well yes and no. I know organisers of raves back in the day got in some shit for it because the law says that you have to be doing everything possible to make sure that no one is doing drugs on your property, hence the huge issues with needle exchanges and methadone clinics. Raves didn't have security guards doing checks or anything of the like so there was an issue. The law's pretty vague on what constitutes "doing everything possible" So bars get away with it by saying they have a zero tolerance policy and having security guards etc. The nightmare scenario I'm proposing here is that the gardai consider every chalet as an extension of the venue so the gardai would have the right to search whatever they wanted to, and unlike England they probably actually would.

I'm not a lawyer this is pure speculation of course.

Actually the thought of an ATP in Ireland would fill me with horror. Surely the point is to get away from all of you lot?

(Though obviosly that doens't always work)

I have to go to Mosney once a year or so for work. Even if they cleared out all the folk that live there I'd doubt it's suitability for holding an event like this at this point. It's even bleaker than Camber Sands these days and the holiday amenities haven't really been maintained that well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back