Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

Was in town today, busy as fuck, people everywhere.
I went into the Jervis and stood on the upper floor looking down, Jervis has these laneways marked for both directions everywhere and the shops all have queue marks on the ground outside.
What was pretty obvious was that there's a fair amount of people that are trying not to walk right on top of each other and shit, people in ones or twos, and then as soon as there's any group of 4 or more they all just instantly stop giving a fuck and walk all over everything, completely ignore the marked lanes cause they're busy talking shit at each other, etc.
The shops mostly had people at the doors to manage queues and shit, but seems to me like a lot of these people fucking around in groups, you could tell them that everybody around them has anthrax that'll kill them in seconds if they get too close and they'd still just fucking dance all over everybody's faces anyway.

I've been at home for 4 months now! Was sent home with symptoms on 3 March. @Bernie Lomax and others who had the virus, or think you had, have you suffered any longer term effects, or weird symptoms since?

I've mostly been fine, but I've had a few pretty major fevers in the past few months, since recovering, really high temperature, shivering and out of it for around 12 hours, with a bad headache for a day or two. 2020 continues to be the year of weird illness.

We aren't planning a return to the office until the end of September, at the earliest, and then there are strong hints that many of us won't be returning this year. Honestly I am hoping that working from home becomes a long-term option. I'm a lot more productive at home and there is no part of my work that can't be done from home as well as from the office.

I've been at home for 4 months now! Was sent home with symptoms on 3 March. @Bernie Lomax and others who had the virus, or think you had, have you suffered any longer term effects, or weird symptoms since?

I've mostly been fine, but I've had a few pretty major fevers in the past few months, since recovering, really high temperature, shivering and out of it for around 12 hours, with a bad headache for a day or two. 2020 continues to be the year of weird illness.

We aren't planning a return to the office until the end of September, at the earliest, and then there are strong hints that many of us won't be returning this year. Honestly I am hoping that working from home becomes a long-term option. I'm a lot more productive at home and there is no part of my work that can't be done from home as well as from the office.
Hi @Squiggle glad you're mostly ok! I haven't had any long term or residual effects but I know at least two people who have - one in her 70s and one in her 30s - also the woman in her 30s also tested positive for antibodies.

I'm also hoping wfh becomes the norm with my job. I have really taken to it. Would be happy with some kind of rotational one week in one week out structure. Part of my job involves being out and about and visiting clients premises etc which I don't mind but the day to day stuff can be done at home.

Hi @Squiggle glad you're mostly ok! I haven't had any long term or residual effects but I know at least two people who have - one in her 70s and one in her 30s - also the woman in her 30s also tested positive for antibodies.

I'm also hoping wfh becomes the norm with my job. I have really taken to it. Would be happy with some kind of rotational one week in one week out structure. Part of my job involves being out and about and visiting clients premises etc which I don't mind but the day to day stuff can be done at home.

Thanks, it could be something else, just very weird. Glad to hear that you have fully recovered.

I'm now working with two people who were hospitalised due to the virus. One of them seems to have recovered pretty well but the other, who was a fitness instructor, seems to have suffered permanent lung damage, and only tested negative a week or two ago, after having been diagnosed back in early March (they weren't working with us back then, they worked as temps with my team before and we needed help to deal with work volume so got them back in). They met through working for us, and stayed friends. One of them was working in a nursing home, contracted the virus and unwittingly gave it to the other when they met up for drinks.

The working from home thing is kind of fascinating. Surely loads of these firms that have been working fine for the past few months online will also now realise that they don't need to spend x amount of dollars to rent that office space on Leeson Street for a fortune, and can switch almost entirely to working from home?

The working from home thing is kind of fascinating. Surely loads of these firms that have been working fine for the past few months online will also now realise that they don't need to spend x amount of dollars to rent that office space on Leeson Street for a fortune, and can switch almost entirely to working from home?
You’d think so. Doesn’t suit everyone though - employee or employer.

I think a good business idea might be co-working spaces in the suburbs or commuter belt. Must be loads of people in Maynooth/Bray/Ashbourne etc who really don't want to start coming back in to town but the enviroment at home might not be ideally suited for working

I'm gonna build coffeeshoplibraries in all those places and make millions!
Helsinki has this amazing (quite new) central library that would be a good model for this kind of thing ha

I wish you'd all Work from home, so it doesn't take me 65 mins in traffic to get from Leeson street to Drumcondra.

Every passenger car I see had just one wanker in it
Loads of those people probably used to ride public transport but now aren't comfortable doing so. That much should sort itself out eventually you'd hope

Loads of those people probably used to ride public transport but now aren't comfortable doing so. That much should sort itself out eventually you'd hope

loads of these pricks didnt take public transport pre C-19. and loads of these pricks have zero intention of ever taking public transport (again) post C-19

It shows how inadequate a system based mostly on buses is too, as long as cars are pretty much free to move throughout the city centre.
Dublin needs to make parts of the city centre no-go for cars (including taxis) to encourage bus use and cycling. I think quite a lot of people are actually aware of this, but haven't been able to do anything about it for the past 10 years.

Buses and bikes are fine for people who live in or near to the city... but I know a lot of people who commute 40 plus km each way. Letting people who can keep working from home, not clogging up the city centre with offices and commuters and giving back all those georgian houses to residential use again would make the city a much nicer place to live and work in. It would be cheaper for businesses and give most if not all workers better quality of life as those who needed to could physically live nearer to where they physically work, and everyone else could live wherever they wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back