Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

I had that experience in Aldi the day after the first big panic here. It was unbelievable!
The shelves were all absolutely heaving with brand new stock. All the fresh stuff was exceedingly so!

Highlight of the crisis for me

How accurate do you guys think the fear of this weekend ending all our "gains" is?

Saw some teenagers looking shifty with a bag of cans in the park last night, a real internal battle between "good for them, fuck following the rules" and "PUT THEM IN JAIL OH MY GOD MR POLICEMAN STOP THIS"

I had actually thought last weekend was Easter weekend and in a moment of trans hemispherical solidarity with the New Zealand PM regarding her statement about the Easter bunny went out and bought some chocolate eggs which have already been eaten. So it occurs to me that I may have to repeat the whole process again although to be honest I think it was probably enough. Well we know the virus is out there and it both spreads and causes harm at an alarming rate so I hope people will be generally careful and considering the new headlines globally I would be suprised if they are not.

Went for a walk last night and there's a small green near our house, 3 adults were sitting down relaxing. A householder came out and asked politely, would they mind not doing that, they weren't 2 metres apart or anything, and to think of the health care workers.

"SHE IS A FUCKIN' HEALTH CARE WORKER, WE KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WE'RE FUCKIN' DOING, MIND YOUR OWN FUCKIN' BUSINESS!!!".

Fair play to the householder (though the kids were thrilled to hear all the f-bombs).

That, coupled with the footage from the N11 last night of it being rammed with cars heading to Wexford/Waterford = We're fucked

Yeah, I go out for a cycle each day and I've noticed quite a bit of slippage with respect to the social distancing. Checkpoints on all the roads out of Dublin and arrest a load of pricks heading to their holiday homes in Connemara. Do it today (or even better yesterday) and haul them into court tomorrow I say ....

I'll be running on a law and order ticket in the next Seanad elections by the way.

Oh actually they can't really do that ...

From IT

"An offence will only be committed if a person refuses a direction from a garda to comply with the regulations. It is not the breaching of the regulations that is illegal, it is the disobeying of the Garda’s instructions once you are caught."

Oh actually they can't really do that ...

From IT

"An offence will only be committed if a person refuses a direction from a garda to comply with the regulations. It is not the breaching of the regulations that is illegal, it is the disobeying of the Garda’s instructions once you are caught."
Well I mean if the Guards are stopping them on the roads they can tell them to go back to Dublin. There'll be a few who will go out of their way to go down the back roads but surely not the majority?

Also, they should be arrested for having a second home in the first place.

Well I mean if the Guards are stopping them on the roads they can tell them to go back to Dublin. There'll be a few who will go out of their way to go down the back roads but surely not the majority?

Yeah hopefully, but if you are heading out the N11 you can't exactly turn around so I'm not sure how that will work. But anyone outside Dublin with a Dublin reg should be stopped I suppose.

65ce131dd1269f383a5314574862b2a7.jpg

Yeah hopefully, but if you are heading out the N11 you can't exactly turn around so I'm not sure how that will work. But anyone outside Dublin with a Dublin reg should be stopped I suppose.
Going on car registrations is a bit of a red herring
Too many people living in Dublin with cars originally registered outside Dublin. And vice verse

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back