Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

They're saying he's not on a ventilator, doesn't have pneumonia and is breathing by himself with oxygen therapy. If we are to believe them, then he doesn't sound that ill and isn't he taking up a bed that somebody who is sicker might need? Tbh I don't believe them and I think he's sicker than they're letting on.

That Irish Times article is based on some study by Luke O'Neill who is an immunologist at Trinity (as far as I recall from reading it). Point taken about the difference between correlation and causation but I'm sure he is aware of that too.

That Irish Times article is based on some study by Luke O'Neill who is an immunologist at Trinity (as far as I recall from reading it). Point taken about the difference between correlation and causation but I'm sure he is aware of that too.

Yeah I kinda know the Prof who made the tweet. I'm pretty avoidy of media that isn't stats or WHO or Leo being gormless outside buildings as the the media is in a feral reaction spiral trying to generate hits while going bankkrupt. TBH unless the enws is about your local knitting circle I'm pretty sure its 90% trash at the minute

I sometimes inadvertently click on a Daily Mail or Sun link online and the IT isn't remotely in the same league of shiteness. What newspapers do you think are actually good?

The Irish Times took a wrong turn a few years ago and has steadily been heading down a road that risks it becoming a complete shitrag. I remember when The Ticket supplement used to a publication you could look forward to every Friday. Now it’s actually laughably shit.
The Breeda O Brien’s, the conservative opinion pieces, it’s become the paper version of RTE and like RTE it seems completely unaware of itself

I sometimes inadvertently click on a Daily Mail or Sun link online and the IT isn't remotely in the same league of shiteness. What newspapers do you think are actually good?

Ernesto nails the Irish Times there, it's the paper version of RTE.
I don't know if there are any Irish newspapers that are actually good, if there are I don't think I've seen them. I mean, you're quite probably more likely to get unbiased content off The Journal .ie than you are from the printed papers.

It’s still a pretty decent newspaper and for every Breda O’Brien you have a Fintan O’Toole and an Una Mullally. Music coverage in The Ticket is poor all right but the cinema and TV reviews are pretty good. Literature coverage is good too. The Magazine is a tight pile of shit though.

the irish times as it's managed for its online/social media presence is a different beast to the 'traditional' IT.
funny enough, i know someone whose partner used to have to collate the opinion pieces a few years back, and mentioned something 'at least with john waters, his work needed less subbing. the man can spell, at least'.

re irish papers that are good, the dublin inquirer is good, albeit with a much more localised focus. it, the IT, and the grauniad are the ones that i have some level of subscription to.

Haha how so, by pointing out that the Irish Times does in fact print an awful amount of total shite throughout it's pages? It's really not far off being a tabloid rag, like it's only marginally more trustworthy than the Irish Independent
To be fair that was a low dig, my apologies! I was just referring to how quick you are to throw about very broad and patently daft views like they're somehow based on reason. Like claiming if Ireland had closed flights to Italy we'd have zero cases now.

Try reading the Daily Mail or the Sun if the you really think the IT not far off being a tabloid rag. What is your benchmark exactly?

Things have not been helped by that study saying we had been through the worst immediately followed by a day with the highest death-toll.

Holohan came out and said that Yank study was bullshit, didn't he?
Yep, they said they have their own study but haven't released it yet because it's not ready. It's fair enough really, release something with a lot of guesswork and it'll be incorrect within 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back