Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (17 Viewers)

The next-level conspiracy I've been hearing lately is that "they" are using coronavirus as a chance to consolidate capitalism by removing all independent outlets (plausible... ish), and only a fool thinks modern-capitalism is following the old methods of growth (what?) because in fact it wants to contract (WHAT?). The next step is literal slavery for us (ah i see) under our God-Kings like Peter Thiel and Jeff Bezos.

I mean, I can't dispove that theory so sure why not.

Generational politics are the worst divide and conquer tactics going.
OK - but we all know the younger you are the more shit your life will be.
i know 'cause i'm older then you.

e.g. last October at the height of Boris Johnson acting like a dictator and
Trump doing a great job (of being a prick). I was surprised the amount of retired
folks i met that were criticising Greta Thunberg and the youth climate activists
purely on the grounds of their age.

was stunned anyone would buy into that.
i pointed out lots of kids were famous for acting, dancing and singing to no avail.

OK - but we all know the younger you are the more shit your life will be.
i know 'cause i'm older then you.

e.g. last October at the height of Boris Johnson acting like a dictator and
Trump doing a great job (of being a prick). I was surprised the amount of retired
folks i met that were criticising Greta Thunberg and the youth climate activists
purely on the grounds of their age.

was stunned anyone would buy into that.
i pointed out lots of kids were famous for acting, dancing and singing to no avail.

Yah, lots of "they're just doing it for a day off school" haha.

I mean, fuck yeah, school sucks. Having no future sucks also.

Austria are talking about relaxing their lockdown measures
Interesting!

"Health Minister Rudolf Anschober said that the country's doubling rate of confirmed cases fell from 3.6 days in mid-March to 16.5 days last week." I guess that's why

Austria are doing considerably better than us, proportional to population, on death rates btw. If you look here Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,287,465 Cases and 70,558 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer you can sort by 'deaths per million population'. We're not doing that great on that measure (about 10th in the world, if you exclude the tiny countries) - a little worse than the US, though WAY better than the UK

Their strategy sounds sensible, but anyone's guess if it will work:

From 14 April small shops (400 m2 or less in size) as well as DIY stores will be allowed to reopen, as well as state parks, but only with tight entry controls.

However curfews will remain in place and the obligatory wearing of face masks or mouth and nose covering – until now intended for shoppers in supermarkets - will be extended to public transport.

“Easter week will be a decisive week for us. It will decide whether or not we will rise again after Easter,” Kurz said, referring to the resurrection of Jesus which is the culmination of the Easter feast, which is widely celebrated in the overwhelmingly Catholic country.

From 1 May, all shops, shopping centres and hairdressers will be allowed to open. Restaurants, hotels and bars will remain closed until further notice. When they do reopen again, staff will have to wear masks and tables will have to have a specific distance from each other.

Austria’s leaving certificate, the equivalent of the A-level exams in the UK is due to take place, with schools reopening at the start of May for those pupils. Other pupils will return to school from the middle of May. Universities will have to complete their semesters via video learning, Kurz said.

The Austrian exit strategy will also include the introduction of tracking apps to trace citizens’ movements and ensure they are not breaking curfew rules. They should be used by the whole of the country. Those who don’t have a mobile phone will be required to wear a special key-ring style device, the chancellor said at the weekend. The majority of Austrians are said to be in favour of the measures.

In Germany, the Robert Koch is developing a similar app to that due to be introduced in Austria. It is being developed in conjunction with a European app which 130 researchers are currently developing, and will warn people if they might have had contact with infected persons. Its use is expected to be anonymous and voluntary, although surveys show a large number of Germans are prepared to use it if it leads to a relaxation of lockdown rules. The ultimate aim should be to have a single, Europe-wide tracking app.

“Its use should be voluntary, but obviously with the hope that as many people as possible will use it,” Steffen Seibert, spokesman for the German government said this afternoon. “People who use it will be doing their significant bit to reduce the spread of the infection and helping measures to fight it.”

I can't figure out why I'm not. I know I'm very introverted and a home body at the best of times, but I've been surprisingly OK. I'm ticking away, haven't gotten bored yet. Get a daily or so freak out of like "how long WILL this go on for?" and the usual pandemic panic, but in terms of my day to day I've surprised myself by finding out that I really don't need that much social interaction at all.

Caveat is that I have started a new job and I'm doing a bootcamp right now that is intensive and taking a lot of energy 9-5.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Easter Bunny is officially an essential service in New Zealand

I'm going fucking stir crazy in all honesty.
I am a little bit too, though tbh I think it's mostly cos we have an extra person staying in the house - Mrs. egg_'s sister, who is lovely and great with our kids and helps out with the housework and all, but still ... just having an extra person around all the time is a bit of a strain, I find

Interesting!

"Health Minister Rudolf Anschober said that the country's doubling rate of confirmed cases fell from 3.6 days in mid-March to 16.5 days last week." I guess that's why

Austria are doing considerably better than us, proportional to population, on death rates btw. If you look here Coronavirus Update (Live): 1,287,465 Cases and 70,558 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer you can sort by 'deaths per million population'. We're not doing that great on that measure (about 10th in the world, if you exclude the tiny countries) - a little worse than the US, though WAY better than the UK

It sounds like maybe Austria have a good health service and haven't spent the last 10 years telling it to go and fuck itself

Same. Today was bad.

Look I know its a shock and whole change of life and all that jazz and basic civil liberties and a grand neglect of level 3-5 on the old Maslow scale.

Considering it is temporary, maybe a year, maybe less do take into consideration that for a lot of people with disabilities in the chronic pain region (LIKE ME FOR EXAMPLE) this is what life is like for months or years at a time. I'm sailing through iso because it is essentially a more liberal version of what my day to day life was like intermittently from age 25 - 34* - I have twice as much money as I did then - disabilty benifit is inline with dole in Ireland generally with a few 'perks' - Like half a million people were just put on covid dole at basically twice what disabilties are expected to live off for life - but stuff like being in the house for 14 days straight, not going to the shop because it could land you in bed for a day, avoiding the world at large - that is all very very normal for chronic pain types. Add in that normally you are in iso and nobody else is in iso so you've got sexy young people** skipping past your window every day enjoying life to the full without a care in the world.

* essentially till accupuncture
**people your own age too

Sure, it is hard, a huge change in life, a pause that is tricky, but maybe just take a bit of it as an opportunity to gain an education about how a huge portion of the country live thier entire lives - this is a temporary trip for most people.

Went for a big walk today. Loads of people wearing masks. Even in cars on their own.

Saw six lads playing basketball. Not playing a game or anything,but a couple of them coundn't have been further than two feet away from each other.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's a bit like in the walking dead when they cover themselves in walker blood so the zombies don't know they are there.

Look I know its a shock and whole change of life and all that jazz and basic civil liberties and a grand neglect of level 3-5 on the old Maslow scale.

Considering it is temporary, maybe a year, maybe less do take into consideration that for a lot of people with disabilities in the chronic pain region (LIKE ME FOR EXAMPLE) this is what life is like for months or years at a time. I'm sailing through iso because it is essentially a more liberal version of what my day to day life was like intermittently from age 25 - 34* - I have twice as much money as I did then - disabilty benifit is inline with dole in Ireland generally with a few 'perks' - Like half a million people were just put on covid dole at basically twice what disabilties are expected to live off for life - but stuff like being in the house for 14 days straight, not going to the shop because it could land you in bed for a day, avoiding the world at large - that is all very very normal for chronic pain types. Add in that normally you are in iso and nobody else is in iso so you've got sexy young people** skipping past your window every day enjoying life to the full without a care in the world.

* essentially till accupuncture
**people your own age too

Sure, it is hard, a huge change in life, a pause that is tricky, but maybe just take a bit of it as an opportunity to gain an education about how a huge portion of the country live thier entire lives - this is a temporary trip for most people.
Dude seriously?

Dude seriously?

Well yeah I left out the part about being either in pain or exhausted or a combination of both most of the time but pretty much.

I did get very good at fingerstyle in fairness.

And look honestly, I'm just pointing it out here because the citizens of thumped are actually reasonable enough to take on information and give it a chin stroke or two. I wouldn't go near the wider social media circles with a post like that. wouldn't be worth it. I'm very much not saying that if you are having a tough time with iso that you can't talk about it on thumped - Its a great outlet for this mad experience and don't let my level upping discourage you, Its just what I think when I scroll through the likes of twitter these days. Those pricks really piss me off with their camradarie wolk off. There wont be any fucking video/zoom parties for the spoonies* once this stupid virus fucks off.

*i hate this term but am using it for brevity

Well yeah I left out the part about being either in pain or exhausted or a combination of both most of the time but pretty much.

I did get very good at fingerstyle in fairness.

And look honestly, I'm just pointing it out here because the citizens of thumped are actually reasonable enough to take on information and give it a chin stroke or two. I wouldn't go near the wider social media circles with a post like that. wouldn't be worth it. I'm very much not saying that if you are having a tough time with iso that you can't talk about it on thumped - Its a great outlet for this mad experience and don't let my level upping discourage you, Its just what I think when I scroll through the likes of twitter these days. Those pricks really piss me off with their camradarie wolk off. There wont be any fucking video/zoom parties for the spoonies* once this stupid virus fucks off.

*i hate this term but am using it for brevity
I dunno man, it reads like something Jordan Peterson or Steven Pinker would say. Like, i'm sure Bernie doesn't give a fuck but COME ON, we shouldn't have to hack our limbs off to be allowed feel a bit shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back