Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

Mortality rate depends on the flu strain. Avian 'flu has a high mortality rate, over 50%? H5N1 is lower, something like 10%. Spanish 'flu, which was absolutely devastating had something only like... 1% mortality rate? I think?

So, yeah, flat quoting mort rates isn't that helpful. (Plus it varies over demographics.)

As much as it hurts to agree with anything the Genius in Chief says, there does seem to be an element of hysteria in some of the press. Putting Mike "Pray The HIV away" Pence in charge is a bold strategy though.
Well obviously not bird flu or Spanish flu ffs. The various strains of what's loosely termed the common flu that appear every year. Of course there is a certain amount of vagary around mortality rates, especially when comparing different parts of the world but it’s far better to be roughly right than precisely wrong. The fact of the matter is that this is way worse than the flu so it's not helpful to pretend otherwise. Not that I'm saying we should panic or anything. Far from it but don't ignore the necessary precautions.

What about the fact* that this type of virus isn't totally loose in the wild among humans yet - is that worth a bit of containment effort? I was reading the other day that SARS and MERS (same type/class/family of virus, I believe) were successfully contained in the end and no longer spreading amongst us.

*I'm probably totally wrong about this, haven't googled...

I've started watching the walking dead from the beginning again for survival tips
Netflix has a show “Doomsday Preppers” which is good for that.
I had to stop watching as I was getting freaked out about not haven’t a good bug-out bag.
I have a zombie/end of days plan for the 3 of us, but Hives is going to tap out as soon as it happens. She’ll miss all the fun.

Last edited:
Netflix has a show “Doomsday Preppers” which is good for that.
I work with 2 people (a couple) who are preppers. Expecting environmental disaster and reduction of the human population by 90-something percent within their lifetimes (they're a few years older than me, so in their early 50s I'd guess). They live on some farmland in northern California that they've chosen for its fertility and climatic stability

What about the fact* that this type of virus isn't totally loose in the wild among humans yet - is that worth a bit of containment effort? I was reading the other day that SARS and MERS (same type/class/family of virus, I believe) were successfully contained in the end and no longer spreading amongst us.

*I'm probably totally wrong about this, haven't googled...
SARS wasn't successfully contained. It mysteriously went away. We lucked out. That's why people are hoping the same will happen with this and the change of season but they have no idea.

2 people in our department of about 30 have been skiing in northern italy in the last month.

isn't it well for some.

I work with 2 people (a couple) who are preppers. Expecting environmental disaster and reduction of the human population by 90-something percent within their lifetimes (they're a few years older than me, so in their early 50s I'd guess). They live on some farmland in northern California that they've chosen for its fertility and climatic stability
Sure isn't it good to have a hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back