Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

Some weird lads out on the street outside my flat right now. They’re probably pissed and being loud and annoying. Not cool during a lockdown when everyone’s on edge. Do I call the police on them or just not get involved?

the irish fatality figures are holding steady, which is (and i know this is a weird way of putting it) a little reassuring.
the UK though - another 50% rise would put them into spain or italy territory.

the chipper in my little village (pop. about 350) is still opening every day.
no, i don't have any idea what they are thinking either.

a friend who suffered a life changing illness 18 months ago asked
me to visit them today (was going to stay at garden wall and they'd stay at front door).
i was caught on hop and agreed and then they just hung up.
i phoned back ten minutes later and said out of respect to their neighbours
i couldn't go to see them but phone me anytime.
they live 400 metres away.

later i went for a walk and saw some student age women (three)
walking ahead of me, realizing i going much faster stopped for 2 minutes
in case they were going on same 3 mile loop.
basically after less than a mile, i came around a corner and saw them ahead
stopped in middle of road talking to two other people outside their house.
i just thought sod it and went home.

a lot more people walking since last week.

all the countries around China actually did it.
This is not correct. Here is how Asian airlines/countries responded to the China outbreak. Singapore took probably the hardest measures, but even they did not stop all flights from China Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

In fact it was Middle Eastern and European/US airlines who subsequently stopped all flights in and out. Not that this was or is most critical to reducing infections (and not that you are interested anyway).

Sentient?

> Sentience is the capacity to feel, perceive, or experience subjectively.

Huh. OK. I thought sentience was more along the lines of reacting to stimuli. Like, if you poked a slug with a stick, it sort of balls up a little bit, therefor it is sentient. Well... fair enough I retract that word then.

It's shite being sober eh? I've decided not to be locked for a few days. It's not great at all.

> Sentience is the capacity to feel, perceive, or experience subjectively.

Huh. OK. I thought sentience was more along the lines of reacting to stimuli. Like, if you poked a slug with a stick, it sort of balls up a little bit, therefor it is sentient. Well... fair enough I retract that word then.

It's shite being sober eh? I've decided not to be locked for a few days. It's not great at all.

To be fair it would be difficult to find an entity that is more subjective in his feelings, perceptions and experiences.

Subjecttive
based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
"his views are highly subjective"

I didn't call the plod on the shouty drunk man but if he comes back tonight by god I will. In other news the building sites around here are hopping. Also having to deal with a problematic relative which is majorly stressful. I miss life before the virus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back