Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (25 Viewers)

My boss is also heavily involved in running Sweny’s. We’re using it as an office while simultaneously selling lemon soap and copies of Ulysses to people who wander in.
Fucking scientists, as if they don't get enough funding as it is you have to take over the only source of income for the arts, the Ulysses soap shop.

I was looking at spotify today and theres a person does playlists now and again and i went to check what they were at on their profile.

They've been listening to rain. All the suggestions, all the recents, everything on their profile that flags recent listening is rain.

I was looking at spotify today and theres a person does playlists now and again and i went to check what they were at on their profile.

They've been listening to rain. All the suggestions, all the recents, everything on their profile that flags recent listening is rain.

There was a microcell (??) through here this time yesterday. Is that what they are called? Mircocells? It was hot AF al day, then black clouds rolled in, a hard rain's a gonna fucking hape out of the shky shtylee clouds, and then the wind started blowing... I mean, down.
Like, it blew downwards, it was blowing all around, but in amongst the rain, which is freezing and pouring like a sound effect, and the lightening and thunder which is cracking away, the wind blew downwards and annihilated the shop. Trees were littered about, things were broken, and 2 miles up the road everything seems fine.

But man, that rain pouring sound was cathartic. 10/10. Would Spotify again.

honestly, I'm at the point now that I'm 100% checked out of this place, and dying to come home.

But, I do keep noticing things that I love about here. I love those storms that come through after it's been outrageously hot.

I love that steamy jungle buzz that you get in local forests here after rain. There's a homeless dude who lives in the forest by me, and he make fires. I can smell and see the column of smoke rising up through the trees, and I give him carrots and shit from my allotment, and say hello to his dog. But it's proper Apocalypse Now forest.

The birds here are great, and make great noises. The insects here are great. I can (assuming it's less than 30 something C and tolerable humidity) leave my doors and windows open and hear coyotes running around. The snow is an adventure, and I can ride around in it. There's all this amazing beauty, that Europeans haven't managed to completely destroy yet.

There is lots of things I'll miss. Assuming I'm able to get out of the place.

We've dealt with it so well, great job everyone!
I haven't thought about this viewpoint very much, but I'm maybe thinking that infection rates are a function of testing rates. I've been seeing papers where infection rates are wildly off actual infection rates.

So, maybe the logical thing to look at is death rates. Mortality rates are more or less constant, and that decouples things from testing. Maybe the question you actually ask is what are the mortality rates for Irish health workers.

I'm a viral immunologist. Here's what antibody tests for Covid-19 tell us
Perhaps of more practical importance right now is a study that followed up 37 asymptomatic people who had positive PCR tests. This showed they had detectable levels of the virus for longer that those who had symptoms. Asymptomatic people are therefore likely to be more contagious. We also know that pre-symptomatic people, those in the early days following infection with Sars-CoV-2, are also highly contagious. Because we are often not aware that we are infected, measures to ensure social distancing and face covering are crucial when it comes to protecting others.

I'm never trusting the WHO again.

" This showed they had detectable levels of the virus for longer that those who had symptoms. Asymptomatic people are therefore likely to be more contagious. "

why, though?
given a virus like this will often spread by coughing, etc., the symptoms are often required for the contagion.

Not entirely sure but if you have higher levels of the virus (possibly because your body doesn't need to fight it in the same way as if you have major symptoms) maybe you can spread it by simply having more of it? Not by coughing but just by breathing, talking, singing, shouting, yawning etc, especially in poorly ventilated places.

The good news open the pubs curve flattening vibes aren't lasting very long around Europe. Close it down again.

Plus I'm happy working from home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back