Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (6 Viewers)

It's very Orwellian but I wonder if governments will start putting up thermal/IR cameras all over the place to spot when someone has a temperature. The British already have loads of cameras up all over London.

Sorry just to clarify, those aren't IR cameras, they're run of the mill state surveillance.

Another clarification, this time re the WHO, it seems they should have said there's a difference between pre-symptomatic and asymptomatic people. Pre-syptomatic are still likely to be contagious. Asymptomatic people are people who have caught it and gone through the pre-symptomatic phase.

Just in case anyone was thinking they weren't at risk of passing it on so long as they feel fine.

It's very Orwellian but I wonder if governments will start putting up thermal/IR cameras all over the place to spot when someone has a temperature. The British already have loads of cameras up all over London.

You can avoid your temperature being flagged by a thermal imaging camera by simply taking a few aspirin.
Equally if you've been out running laps For an hour you could trigger it if your normal resting body temp is on the High side to begin with.

Even though I'm installing them all over the country currently,
People can still have COVID-19 and have a low temp amd not be flagged
and equally the reverse can be true, if accepting the Aforementioned examples

Calling it now. Leo's highly paid scriptwriter who is just fucking about with movie quotes when people are living in a twighlight zone will bite him back when the expenses bill lands for this, it'll be MM's last stand and all. No need for it.

i think it goes to show what reality they live in. 'oh its just loike a little humour loighten up loike'

so everything's basically opening up on the 29th?

im not ready to go back to work full time. i work from home, but have been going in for a day or two each week. i fucking hate those days.

Surely every office in the world that's been working home will just have all the workers unite and tell the suits that there's not a fuckin hope of getting them all back in there every day?
The workers won't have to unite, employers will be more than happy with the situation. Cost savings all over the place. They have all our mobile numbers now. Work will never be the same again. It's classic I had been asking to WFH 1 day a week for ages and they didn't allow it. Now they probably won't let me come into the office 4 days a week.

Makes sense of course for people who have long commutes or other situations are accommodated. There's some amount of bluster going around though, about how people work better from home. Don't buy that for a second!

When it works I get more done in a few hours than I would in a 3 days. When it doesn't I'm sitting here staring at a malfunctioning remote client on intermittent connection based on silage cutting wondering if they should just hire someone who lives on a fibre broadband line.

Pre-Covid if I worked from home for a day I’d get shitloads done but still feel slightly guilty at the end of the day about not being in work. If I went into work I’d dick around going for coffee for most of the day but still leave feeling like I had put in a solid days work. Thankfully that feelings gone.

I can't get a good work/life balance at home. In the office it's their world and their time and it all counts. I didn't necessarily down tools when the clock struck in the office but if I faffed around for an hour in the morning or spent the last half hour of the day being unproductive because it made more sense to start the next thing in the morning then that was fine. That's all gone out the window at home, i feel under more pressure to be seen to be productive. On top of that work, sleep, meals and general hanging out are all happening in my bedroom and I'm loosing my mind.

If we can get our work done to a satisfactory standard while also managing to keep the kids entertained and educated then it’s going to be a piece of cake whenever they’re back in school.

I worked from home since the 90s. I was glad when I got this job (that said, it's only a 9 minute bike commute). Working from home I was ALWAYS at work and always thinking about work. I chose to keep going into the office when 90% of everyone else started working from home. I'd chuckle when they came in on their one afternoon and complain about not being able to switch off.
It's great being one of 5 people in the whole building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back