Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

It’s still a pretty decent newspaper and for every Breda O’Brien you have a Fintan O’Toole and an Una Mullally. Music coverage in The Ticket is poor all right but the cinema and TV reviews are pretty good. Literature coverage is good too. The Magazine is a tight pile of shit though.

unfortunately the newspaper is not worth buying just for Mullally and O’Toole.
I feel like if I paid money I would be encouraging all the other horseshit they print

By any other measure, the 36 we reported here yesterday is devastating, but the UK....this is moving into horror movie stuff, and I can't see it doing anything other than spiral....the tubes this week were *still* packed

36 scaled up to the UK population level would be half the UK death toll, so we're not that far off.
the difference in population is a factor of just under 14.

unfortunately the newspaper is not worth buying just for Mullally and O’Toole.
I feel like if I paid money I would be encouraging all the other horseshit they print

Well obviously I was citing them as examples. Not as the sole reasons to buy the paper. I don't really see a newspaper in this country which is better and I don't want to live in a country where all the major media outlets are owned by Denis O'Brien so I'm happy to throw them a quid or two a few times a week.

Well obviously I was citing them as examples. Not as the sole reasons to buy the paper. I don't really see a newspaper in this country which is better and I don't want to live in a country where all the major media outlets are owned by Denis O'Brien so I'm happy to throw them a quid or two a few times a week.

Unfortunately yeah it is the best of a bad lot for national newspapers but still mostly shite.
And same, a few times a year for when I want to do the crosswords but online isn’t an option. Try read most of it but inevitably most gets binned before I’ve looked at the crosswords

this way they don't have to keep them refrigerated?
I mean... yeah. OK.

It seems strange that there isn't a spare refrigeration unit that they can store bodies in on the one hand.

I am more amazed that (most?) people find it more palatable to dig a hole in some dump somewhere, put their dead loved one in that hole, leave them there for a bit, and then dig them back up and bury them somewhere else.

To me that seems extremely upsetting and grisly. But, I suppose some people really like the idea of burying people, and don't want them cremated or whatever.

maybe i'm biased in the newspapers i choose to read, but the better ones seem to be owned by trusts rather than people or companies.

938 deaths in the UK. fuck me
by the time italy and spain reached those figures, they'd been approaching them slowly. the UK is still making big leaps to get there, which unfortunately suggests they're still on quite an upwards trajectory.
and they're hospital deaths too, not all deaths - though the same was clearly the case for spain and italy, and to what extent this is true in ireland, i don't know.

the BBC are being specific about the figure referring to hospital deaths:

by the time italy and spain reached those figures, they'd been approaching them slowly. the UK is still making big leaps to get there, which unfortunately suggests they're still on quite an upwards trajectory.
and they're hospital deaths too, not all deaths - though the same was clearly the case for spain and italy, and to what extent this is true in ireland, i don't know.

the BBC are being specific about the figure referring to hospital deaths:
It's weird because the reporting seems to suggest that the NHS isn't overwhelmed at the moment, unlike Italy's healthcare system seemed to be at this stage.

is that because the italian outbreak was confined to specific regions, but the UK numbers are spread across the country (as far as i understand?)

upgraded the old PC for the first time in 8 years a week or two back and started running Folding@Home tonight. Should keep the room warm at least...

1586389143238.png

It has affected London more than the rest of the UK. I feel like I've been one step behind taking-it-seriously-enough for a while.
Also, specific parts of London are affected more than others. London of course, is a big place. But it seems like people are taking it seriously. A dirty look in London goes a long way, so people are catching on to what they need to be doing, for the most part.

From where I'm sitting, it seems like Ireland is doing a lot better than over here. I tell British people that our PM is working in a hospital, while the UK's PM is a patient, and they just cannot comprehend, I mean literally do not understand what i'm saying to them. Blank stares.

A lot more people are gonna die over here, as in a higher percentage of people, That's clear. But the politicians have been less shit than I would've expected them to be. This Rishi Sunak fella has, in fairness, done well. and I am loathe to praise a tory.

Hey but, my rent's overdue. And I don't give a fuck about that anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back