Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

For the first time in 3 years, I have "cold/flu" symptoms. I wore a mask to the shop for the first time in a while, with the intention of getting a home-testing kit. But of course, they don't sell them anymore because covid is over.

Neighbour (school person) has it again. Despite us all having a fairly miserable time with it at the start of the summer, never went back to masks, or avoiding crowds etc. Stupid basically.

Had to wear a mask for about 4 hours in the hospital last week and couldn't wait to take it off.

Sitting in an HSE waiting area wearing a mask for the first time in ages. Not much enforcement other than a few signs and - so far at least - none of the staff are wearing them. Weird.

Herself had it* so I didn't see her for a couple of weeks prior to the weekend just gone.

She seems mostly OK but it freaked me out a bit seeing her trying to catch her breath sometimes.

Her: "No, I'm ok."

Me *inside*: "I thought you were dying."

* Had assumed up till now that if one of us caught it they'd infect the other before becoming symptomatic, dodged the bullet though, it seems.

My friend tested positive for it today, he had it before around the same time as me. It’s over a week since I’ve seen him so not worried about it. I had tested this morning in any case before I knew and all negative.

one thing i've wondered is if you've had it before, might that little bit of immunity result in a delay to the onset of symptoms?
when i had it, it was just over 48 hours between being exposed and the first hint of a sore throat; so i've wondered if i got it again, might it take longer to appear.

the obvious caveat is that i had it at easter, so my immunity is probably worth sod all now.

Is it true you can catch your death of cold from a bit of a draught or wet shoes or is that just old Mammy talk? I'd have thought you need to catch the common cold virus but sometimes it seems right.
its bollox.
it just means your immune system might not be in the best position to repel potential viruses. if theres nothing to catch it doestn makes a difference if youve wet shoes or such

The stupid perspex screens were gone from the paint shop this morning..I was inordinately chuffed to see it

I find it hard to wear the mask now. I still do in certain places, mostly transport, but even then it's usually only when a bus fills up that I stick it on, when it's half-full I feel alright. Or when somebody starts coughing I'll stick it on haha, but half the time it's me doing the coughing

I find it hard to wear the mask now. I still do in certain places, mostly transport, but even then it's usually only when a bus fills up that I stick it on, when it's half-full I feel alright. Or when somebody starts coughing I'll stick it on haha, but half the time it's me doing the coughing
I gave up with masks in July but wore them regularly until then.

a friend of mine in a market town hospital has regularly worked in COVID wards for the last 30 months.
she said in the last months it's nearly all older people being hospitalised with COVID - it is much less severe and people weren't dying from it.
she got COVID twice - the first time was bad; she was completely exhausted but her breathing was OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back