Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (15 Viewers)

a question for the boosted...

do you get a cert or formal email type thing afterwards? got the booster from the GP on the 31st, but havent received anything.
I got my email with the new cert over the weekend.
It was a short google to verify I had to delete the original certificate out of the Covid app and upload the new one to have it on my phone.
An update option might be nice there but its done now anyway for me

That can't be right, specifically the 5 in 10 detection

from the Journal of Clinical Virology last April Handling and accuracy of four rapid antigen tests for the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 compared to RT-qPCR

1641813712487.png

from wikipedia:

Sensitivity and specificity mathematically describe the accuracy of a test which reports the presence or absence of a condition, in comparison to a ‘Gold Standard’ or definition.
  • Sensitivity (True Positive Rate) refers to the proportion of those who have the condition (when judged by the ‘Gold Standard’) that received a positive result on this test.
  • Specificity (True Negative Rate) refers to the proportion of those who do not have the condition (when judged by the ‘Gold Standard’) that received a negative result on this test.

Any of you experience aches in your legs after having Covid? Definitely something I’m experiencing in the last ten days since finishing the isolation. Nothing major at all but definitely a thing, for me anyway. To the point where I’ve taken a couple of panadol going to bed a couple of times as it was just on the ‘uncomfortable enough to possibly impact on my sleep’ side

from the Journal of Clinical Virology last April Handling and accuracy of four rapid antigen tests for the diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2 compared to RT-qPCR

View attachment 15387

from wikipedia:

Sensitivity and specificity mathematically describe the accuracy of a test which reports the presence or absence of a condition, in comparison to a ‘Gold Standard’ or definition.
  • Sensitivity (True Positive Rate) refers to the proportion of those who have the condition (when judged by the ‘Gold Standard’) that received a positive result on this test.
  • Specificity (True Negative Rate) refers to the proportion of those who do not have the condition (when judged by the ‘Gold Standard’) that received a negative result on this test.

If the true negativity is close to 100 does that mean they're more likely to give a false positive and negative is usually correct?

i guess that's a function of the way the tests work - the result essentially means 'no covid has been detected', rather than 'you're clear of covid' - and thus a false negative could be an error in the test itself, or the user didn't administer it properly (they seem to have taken swabs from known positive people, rather than using a sample which had what should have been detectable covid?)

Any of you experience aches in your legs after having Covid? Definitely something I’m experiencing in the last ten days since finishing the isolation. Nothing major at all but definitely a thing, for me anyway. To the point where I’ve taken a couple of panadol going to bed a couple of times as it was just on the ‘uncomfortable enough to possibly impact on my sleep’ side
I remember having fuck all energy after having it. I do remember going out for a walk the night after et I finished my isolation and thinking I was going to pass out after only walking a kilometre. It took me a few months to work up to running 5k again

I remember having fuck all energy after having it. I do remember going out for a walk the night after et I finished my isolation and thinking I was going to pass out after only walking a kilometre. It took me a few months to work up to running 5k again
I ran two 6/7km runs the two days after isolating was done. Maybe that hasn’t helped matters. Too much too soon etc.

Sore legs as a result of 2nd covid infection, and both, but worse in the second, vaccination.

Also still just bollixed in general, lungs are gacked up, I headed up the cliffs for a walk and I probably got less than a couple of kms. I'm really thankful that my brain doesn't appear to have been damaged this time round though, that's by far the worst symptom I've encountered and man... just no, no thanks. It's a horrible feeling.

Sore legs as a result of 2nd covid infection, and both, but worse in the second, vaccination.

Also still just bollixed in general, lungs are gacked up, I headed up the cliffs for a walk and I probably got less than a couple of kms. I'm really thankful that my brain doesn't appear to have been damaged this time round though, that's by far the worst symptom I've encountered and man... just no, no thanks. It's a horrible feeling.
Jesus. That sounds rough man. Hope you back to full fitness soon

Jesus. That sounds rough man. Hope you back to full fitness soon
Thanks!

The brain stuff was bad though. In a way it's less bad because it can be almost self limiting, like you don't know how messed up your brain is, because your brain is so messed up. If you get me.

That was the main fear on the second infection, but seems ok this time. But I guess if you know people with a lot of confusion tell them to take time, and reassure them they'll get it back, it can be very unpleasant feeling.

i had a virus years ago which had weird effects on me, and part of the initial diagnosis was to send me for a CT scan to confirm that a brain tumour was not to blame. that news, and waiting for the results, was like staring into a black hole, that thought that *who you are* might not be 'trustworthy'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back