Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (7 Viewers)

I got my initial vaccination through my GP as well. Nothing ever came onto the Covid app till I requested it here. Request a Digital COVID Certificate of Vaccination · Customer Self-Service

I got my booster at the City Hall in Cork before Xmas and my digital cert hasn't updated as yet to show the 3rd dose.

I'm wondering myself how long before it gets added. For my extensive travel and social plans which I could list on an atomic particle they are so many and frequent.

I had 2 positive antigen tests over 3 days with 2 separate brands. And now I’ve gotten a negative pcr test.

I’m happy

But confused

Can antigen tests pick up other illnesses?

a question for the boosted...

do you get a cert or formal email type thing afterwards? got the booster from the GP on the 31st, but havent received anything.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this the craic now? We;re just going to keep vaccinating people every 6 months or 9 months or whatever?
I've caught this bastarding thing at the very very start, cleared it, vaxed, twice, and caught it before I could get the third vax. So, this is the kind of timeline apparently that's necessary.

This is nuts. I guess it depends on the person, but catching covid for me in a vaxed state was around the same level of bollixedness as the second dose of vaccine, although I didn't have to lock myself away in my gaff post vaccine.

The vaccine is bad, like I'm fucked for a long time after it. I'm wondering how many people it's bad for, and what that means for the long term uptake. Even the logistics, we just go on rounding up the entire country and vaccinating them every 6 months from now on? And a lot of those people are still going to get covid. I'm as pro vaccine as you're going to get, but even I was bracing for booster, because the last time I got boosted I was genuinely on the edge of calling an ambulance. (And I've considered calling an ambulance exactly one time previously in my life.)

I'm not really making a point, other than this is a bit shit.

It is a bit shit.
I think we'll be in these cycles till either global vaccination up to maybe 80%+ is undertaken seriously, or a mild enough variant overtakes the existing ones.

I doesn't have a conscience so when it drives you to the ah fuck this stage of things you kinda have to be in the mindset that I might just push further. A bit shit alright.

I felt crap after the booster for about a day but then over the last few days I've noticed my sinuses and chest feeling a very slight bit gammy and I can't remember when it started. It's very minor, just a mild discomfort at times but I've been antigen testing negative and not really going anywhere or seeing anyone. So I can't help thinking it was the Spikevax which I got two weeks ago.

It is a bit shit.
I think we'll be in these cycles till either global vaccination up to maybe 80%+ is undertaken seriously,

see, that's what I thought initially. I didn't even think we'd have to get above 80% honestly. But the point I'm making is even if we got to 80% (and isn't Ireland >50% ATM?), it still runs rampant.

I've been exposed to virus antigen three times over the last say 16 months, and cleared it, meaning I had immunity, and I still caught covid (4th exposure) a couple of weeks ago. That's not the way it's meant work.

Now, fair enough, this is anecdotal, and the last 16 months have been a bit brutal and I've not been in great shape, but I'm not *that* bad. I think.

This gaining of immunity, and then promptly losing it, this isn't good at all. To me this says that even if you have 100% vaccine, across the board, all comers, you're still going to have high rates of infection in the population, and you're still going to have a small but non-zero subset of those patients landing up in hospital.

I guess it's possible I caught it just at the edge of my immunity fading (after my THIRD exposure mind), but... like, does mean that basically the world is going to have to get vaccinated every 6 months more or less, and even that's likely not enough.

I dunno. I think we kinda are taking it seriously, and I'll get another vacination in a couple of months once I go negative again, and that'll bring me up to five exposures / adaptive immune responses. Five. And at that point I'll hold out exactly fuck all faith in me not catching it, again.

Basically I think this thing is going to be rampant for the next decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back