Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

That HSE twitter was very handy. Didn't think I had a chance of getting on the next few days, but they tweeted the Greystones queue was down to 30 minutes, so off I toddled. Jab lurgy starting to come on this evening, am welcoming it in all its glory

there was another woman beside us in the queue who was *most* unhappy that she was to be given the moderna shot rather than the pfizer one (which she'd had before); she was saying that she was considering refusing it. the woman in front of her seemed to talk a little sense into her, and last i heard she'd agreed to talk to the medical staff about it. i asked the woman who gave me the vaccine was this common, and she said no, she was surprised it had been an isue for her.

We were given a little talk and told by a long suffering doctor that "If you're getting the Moderna and have questions, come and see me".
Didn't apply to me, so I didn't think too much about it. Pfizer none the wiser.

My booster was Pfizer. I've heard that pharmacy's are more likely to give Pfizer but the vaccination centres are working through what they have of moderns or whatever.

Any science bods know why the Pfizer vaccine had to be stored at -70C? I'd have thought that there would be little difference biologically between -20 and -70.

Any science bods know why the Pfizer vaccine had to be stored at -70C? I'd have thought that there would be little difference biologically between -20 and -70.
RNA degrades at warmer temperatures. -20 is balmy compared to the frigid void of a -80 freezer (sure you wouldn’t be long getting frostbit).

cheers, RNA must be a hardy bastard to be kicking about at -20.
The problem is that it isn’t hardy at all. It has evolved to temporarily exist, transfer information and fuck off. Keeping at -80 will greatly slow down its degradation but it still has a shelf life, even at that temperature.

We rocked up to what we thought was a walk-in clinic. Turns out it was a special day for High Risk people. We were all prepared to say "ok we'll come back another time" but the guy at the door told us to wait and he went off. Came back a minute late.. come in, we'll get you done. It was really quiet, in and out in 20 mins. Great stuff.

We rocked up to what we thought was a walk-in clinic. Turns out it was a special day for High Risk people. We were all prepared to say "ok we'll come back another time" but the guy at the door told us to wait and he went off. Came back a minute late.. come in, we'll get you done. It was really quiet, in and out in 20 mins. Great stuff.
brill

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back