Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (13 Viewers)

Do yiz think Omicron is where we're going to collectively do as all the anti-lockdown protestors want and just let it rip to see what happens?

All that mental health saved from lockdown stress and replaced with dead body health.

Last edited:

Do yiz think Omicron is where we're going to collectively do as all the ant-lockdown protestors want and just let it rip to see what happens?

All that mental health saved from lockdown stress and replaced with dead body health.

the R rate (remeber R rates!!) is about 3.5 - and it's near impossible to lock people down at xmas - like boxing day was the best they could do last year. It could be the moment that anti-vaxxers actually get covid, so far we've been protecting them.

i know someone just released from hospital after a bout of covid - she had refused the vaccine. that's the second person i know to have found themselves in that position.

Family friend, I'd assume she's vaxxed, is in hospital at the moment with it. Seems to be doing ok now thankfully.

of the two people i know, i'd be more sympathetic* to the second because her very controlling ex, who is a nutjob and very much an anti-vaxxer, is still too present in her life.

*except that she works as a carer.

from the little info i have, yes. i don't think there's any framework yet for an employer to demand to know if staff have been vaccinated, is there?
i've not been in contact with her myself, we only discovered a couple of days ago that she's not vaccinated. we haven't seen her in over two years, she's a friend of my wife's.

HSE staff require several mandatory vaccines (or proven immunity) if they're dealing with patients or working in areas where patients would be present - including a couple i've never heard of, such as pertussis.

been thinking recently about breaking points. and about what people’s breaking point will be. this is the second covid christmas. we can already reasonably presume a third covid christmas. when do things get to real social meltdown? fourth christmas? fifth?

big jump in UK numbers - they're already stating that a big upswing in hospital admissions is baked in, that the virus transmissions have already happened for the NHS covid christmas.

been thinking recently about breaking points. and about what people’s breaking point will be. this is the second covid christmas. we can already reasonably presume a third covid christmas. when do things get to real social meltdown? fourth christmas? fifth?
Just let me work from home and stop involving me in your webex calls. I can't help if some dumb shit can't click on 3 things in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back