Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (2 Viewers)

everyone in the gaff here has a nasty headcold that isnt covid. EXCEPT ME!
(they are all in bits. think the nephew brought it in from creche, which wsa nice of him)
im hoping this acts as an example of my amazing immune resposne to everything and any covids will be a walk in the park.

I know reading the comments isn't helpful but in response to every report on the journal about covid, or restrictions people are BTL going "The Irish people are tired of this now."

No fucking shit like, but that's not a reason to just "stop living in fear." The people who will reluctantly accept the measures the government set are tired to it too.

well, this isn't good

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

must have been one hell of an orgy.

IMO:
don't fly unless absolutely necessary, don't go on holidays, don't go to big gatherings etc etc
are no all brainers in a pandemic.

don't give people who are not high risk a 3rd vaccine when billions haven't got a first one.

get simple stuff right

This could go in many threads but:

Just got in from work. I had to take two night buses home. Mask wearing was at about 30% I would say. The condensation on the windows from all the steamed up people would show you that there's droplets in the air. No one was going to open a window at this time of year though. For the first time in a while I felt "this is madness".

I went upstairs on bus #2. There were lots of seats, but I didn't want to sit beside a stranger, for my sake and theirs, so I went back downstairs and stood. Unfortunately, there was a dude there who'd clearly had a few Guinness'. His behaviour was fine, his farts were not. So then as some seats become available upstairs I start coughing basically at people who are getting off the bus, the smell was too much. Then I run upstairs away from fartman, and I'm sitting in a pair of seats by myself, dry wretching. The smell was inside my mask. I just had to take it off.

That weird thing about "wearing a mask is like keeping a fart in your trousers", I haven't watched it, but I don't agree with it.

must have been one hell of an orgy.

IMO:
don't fly unless absolutely necessary, don't go on holidays, don't go to big gatherings etc etc
are no all brainers in a pandemic.

don't give people who are not high risk a 3rd vaccine when billions haven't got a first one.

get simple stuff right
there are plenty of places to travel to or go on holidays to that are lower risk than others. At the very least we should just focus on those.

Though, we're 2 years into this thing now. A lot of people are just getting to see their families for the first time in that long. I wouldn't begrudge a single one of them if they plan to go visiting .

That Steps thing is a fucking nonsense though. If he came back from SA, why was he at a fucking Steps concert? He wouldn't have even needed to quarantine - just to exercise a bit of fucking cop-on. Concerts are sweat-boxes but so far, since they've been back, there hasn't been any reports of any being super-spreader events, which I reckon says a lot for the vaccine. But if you've just come back from the OmnyCrom capital of the world, don't go to a Steps concert unless your plan is to kill all Steps fans (which could have been the motive, maybe).

I might have missed it but I still haven't heard any reports of anyone getting seriously ill from this strain.

Just as an aside - a woman I work with is due to go on a family holiday in Spain in January. Her and her husband are fully vaxxed and the kids are too young for it. Her husband got covid after being called for a test as a close contact. He had zero symptoms. Anyway, rather than self-isolate from the family, they all tried to catch it from him, putting their trust in the vaccine and that it might make them bullet-proof for the holiday (the big fear is catching it over there and ending up having to spend 10 days longer than planned away). They just couldn't catch it though. They lived their lives normally and did test after test after test (a mixture of antigen and PCR), but not a single positive test among the rest of them. So maybe some people just catch catch it - i dunno.

there's lots of stories like that, i know several people who shared a house with a symptomatic, confirmed case, and never got it.
IIRC something like 20% of people are properly contagious when they get it, the rest don't seem to spread it all that much.

and yeah, according to the WHO, they've yet to be notified of a death due to omicron. if omicron had arrived six months ago the situation would have been a lot more gloomy.

there's lots of stories like that, i know several people who shared a house with a symptomatic, confirmed case, and never got it.
IIRC something like 20% of people are properly contagious when they get it, the rest don't seem to spread it all that much.

and yeah, according to the WHO, they've yet to be notified of a death due to omicron. if omicron had arrived six months ago the situation would have been a lot more gloomy.
there are other cases where a group of people have been together, one of whom carried the virus and spread it to some, not all that were present. This happened to my 74-year old mother. She was in a house with 5 others. One had covid and spread it to 3 people. The one who didn't get it was me auld bulletproof ma. All were fully pfizered. So there must be something in one's capacity to actually catch it too.

so now members of NPHET are not allowed make media appearances without government approval. i wonder whether philip nolan's 'yeah but no but yeah' comment in relation to kids spreading it was a factor. you can be guaranteed that if a member of NPHET gets the nod to appear on the TV or radio, that they'll be briefed on what not to say.

there are plenty of places to travel to or go on holidays to that are lower risk than others. At the very least we should just focus on those.

Though, we're 2 years into this thing now. A lot of people are just getting to see their families for the first time in that long. I wouldn't begrudge a single one of them if they plan to go visiting .

That Steps thing is a fucking nonsense though. If he came back from SA, why was he at a fucking Steps concert? He wouldn't have even needed to quarantine - just to exercise a bit of fucking cop-on. Concerts are sweat-boxes but so far, since they've been back, there hasn't been any reports of any being super-spreader events, which I reckon says a lot for the vaccine. But if you've just come back from the OmnyCrom capital of the world, don't go to a Steps concert unless your plan is to kill all Steps fans (which could have been the motive, maybe).

I might have missed it but I still haven't heard any reports of anyone getting seriously ill from this strain.

Just as an aside - a woman I work with is due to go on a family holiday in Spain in January. Her and her husband are fully vaxxed and the kids are too young for it. Her husband got covid after being called for a test as a close contact. He had zero symptoms. Anyway, rather than self-isolate from the family, they all tried to catch it from him, putting their trust in the vaccine and that it might make them bullet-proof for the holiday (the big fear is catching it over there and ending up having to spend 10 days longer than planned away). They just couldn't catch it though. They lived their lives normally and did test after test after test (a mixture of antigen and PCR), but not a single positive test among the rest of them. So maybe some people just catch catch it - i dunno.
I have no real problem with with people traveling home to see long separated family after this length of time. seeing yer folks is neccessary sometimes.
but simple holidays? nah - still not a good idea. airports have got to be risky with people coming from all over the place.

I feel like some people are still making a lot of sacrifices and others are taking a lot of liberties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back