Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (11 Viewers)

Fuck me lads. If the Germans can't get on top of it we're all fucked

we’ve run out of colours on the maps now. originally the map was only meant to go to bright red. then they had to add purple, then dark purple, then black. now the areas that are beyond black are... grey. and then beyond grey they’re... back to white, which is where they started. basically nothing makes sense anymore, la la laaaa

Attachments

• photo_2021-11-21_13-21-04.jpg
    photo_2021-11-21_13-21-04.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 13
Some serious ructions on the continent all the same.

Freedom, freedom, freedom,

(except when it comes to property laws and climate migrants where it's call the cops and tyranny, tyranny, tyranny)

Son is off sick (again), temp/vomiting etc. Test scheduled, which will be his 3rd or 4th this term. He's no loss of smell or fatigue so I'm reasonably confident it's just a tummy bug again, but is it startiing to feel like we're on the back of a rubber duck in the sink, someone's pulled the plug out and we're heading for the abyss.... it's coming

Our two housemates are locked in their room with very mild covid. Herself and myself don't have it.

I got some NHS tests from the north. They want you to swab your tonsils as well as your nose. Fuck that noise.

I just did both nostrils like the ones I got in Circle K asked for.

I got some NHS tests from the north. They want you to swab your tonsils as well as your nose. Fuck that noise.

I just did both nostrils like the ones I got in Circle K asked for.
The first ones I got said do your tonsils as well. Gagorrific. Then every test since then is nose only, even the PCR. All very odd.

went to my first super-spreader event last night since the pandemic began.

On the one hand its great to get to a gig again after so long but on the other, fuckin hell. No masks, no distancing, no nothing. Yeah, there were vaccine passport checks on the way in (photo ID needed), but once you were in, it was a free-for-all.

If anyone there had covid, and the chances are someone did, everyone in that room was exposed to it. I guess we're putting a lot of faith in the effectiveness of the vaccines.

The plus side is that the only people at it were old farts like me who probably never do anything, or go anywhere, so that might reduce the chances of anyone having it.

Only really dawned on me, but most young folk got the Jannsen jab during the summer, and it wanes significantly after 3 months, so something like a gig with youngsters at it, the covid cert is pretty much redundant by now.
Hope I'm wrong, but...

As I understand it an antigen test won’t definitively tell you that you haven’t got covid. If it’s positive, you’re positive; if it’s negative you might be negative, or you might be positive but not contagious.

Did an antigen test yesterday. All clear, so I didn't get Covid in Manchester. So it looks like I've to do another one in a couple of days to see if I got it at Vicar St the other night. €7 please.
for antigen do you swab the same way as the PCR? up the nose and down the back of your throat?

I don't think I'd be able to do that to myself

As I understand it an antigen test won’t definitively tell you that you haven’t got covid. If it’s positive, you’re positive; if it’s negative you might be negative, or you might be positive but not contagious.

This is what I've been led to believe. However Im under the impression that a lot of the inaccuracies are due to people doing it wrong

I tried doing the tonsils with the NHS one this morning. Impossible. Staring down your disgusting gob with a torch was no picnic to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back