Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (5 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It feels like we're just tip-toeing into another inevitable lockdown despite everything they've said, and if we are then we should probably just do it if it means we'll finish it sooner.

Feels more to me like when case numbers were up near 2000 per day coming into the 22nd October, maybe all that shit just shouldn't have reopened then in the first place?

What are the current accurate info re the vaccine?

Last few weeks I've heard lots of the "it doesn't stop you getting it or giving it to people" crowd,.

But I have read things about how it still does reduce the chance of picking it up and if you have it it lowers the chance of transmission (there was a Dutch study which was saying you're 60-68% less likely to pass it on if vaccinated that I read about). Is that still correct information?
This information is correct from what I've read, except I think the study said you're actually 3 times less likely to pass it on, so more like 33% chance of getting it if vaccinated compared to unvaccinated.

The free antigen tests in the UK must be nice and all, but I'm guessing they are part of some 100 billion Tory fuckhole contract that the public are on the hook for?

The free antigen tests in the UK must be nice and all, but I'm guessing they are part of some 100 billion Tory fuckhole contract that the public are on the hook for?

Well yeah obviously the tax payer pays for it. How shady the various contracts are I don't know. I assume very. But I can give a little leeway on that. Things needed to happen quickly when there was over a thousand people a day dieing.

We have a stack of tests here as we both need to do it regularly for work. As in not just every 3-4 days, but almost every day. Someone pointed out that we should stock up now before they stop being free. I don't want to be a hoarder, but...

Well yeah obviously the tax payer pays for it. How shady the various contracts are I don't know. I assume very. But I can give a little leeway on that. Things needed to happen quickly when there was over a thousand people a day dieing.##
Not trying to start a fight or anything but I see no evidence that private enterprise kept private would get this kind of thing done quicker than government mobilization. I'm just gonna assume your argument here is that a Tory government would rather the entire country die before it'll interfere with the businesses of its donors.

I half heard on the radio yesterday that the free ones in the uk are shite and leading to loads of false negatives

Not trying to start a fight or anything but I see no evidence that private enterprise kept private would get this kind of thing done quicker than government mobilization. I'm just gonna assume your argument here is that a Tory government would rather the entire country die before it'll interfere with the businesses of its donors.
Em no. You know what happens when you assume.

Private enterprise did get this thing done quicker than govt would have. But it was like the wild west for a while. Now there's all kinds of stories of people with no experience of medical logistics (but lots of tory friends) winning contracts at ridiculous cost to the tax payer.

When all the easy profits have dried up, are the NHS going to be able to keep supplying this for free? No.
Will the NHS then be handed the contracts that all these tory donors have worked out so they can then leverage their size to provide tests for free/minimal cost? No. Will that be the fault of the NHS? No, but they'll get the blame anyway.
If they start charging the user will there suddenly become an industry in providing tests from companies owned by tory donors? Yes, that already exists.

Profiteers be profiteering.

Em no. You know what happens when you assume.

Private enterprise did get this thing done quicker than govt would have.

When all the easy profits have dried up, are the NHS going to be able to keep supplying this for free? No.
Will the NHS then be handed the contracts that all these tory donors have worked out so they can then leverage their size to provide tests for free/minimal cost? No. Will that be the fault of the NHS? No, but they'll get the blame anyway.
If they start charging the user will there suddenly become an industry in providing tests from companies owned by tory donors? Yes, that already exists.

Profiteers be profiteering.
Well yes, defund the public sector by handing all that same money to a private company, don't ask the public sector to do anything and do ask the private sector to do something and the private sector will do it quicker, I suppose I agree with you there.

Sorry, i'm thinking about this a fair bit and all you said was "quicker," you didn't say "more efficiently," "more effectively," "better" or even "cheaper," you just said "quicker."

I retract my query so, my bad for not reading what you wrote.

"quicker" was what was needed in the moment. I'll give the leeway to the profiteers and the politicians on that. Now that a supply chain has been established, the businessmen will run away with their profits, or find new ways of making profits, and the NHS will be left looking like some big inefficient behemoth (which I guess it is, but it's necessary).

We all know this stuff...

I'm about to do a LFT right now. Still not used to them.

God help me, I braved the comments on the journal and found this interesting one (I haven't fact checked his sources or anything)

The UK does an enormous amount of serological testing, they know the nation’s antibody levels. What’s interesting, and a little disturbing, is that >90% of the population now have antibodies against the virus, but they have not attained herd immunity:

Estimated percentage of adults who would have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies from a blood sample, week beginning 18 October 2021, UK countries:

England 93.1%
Wales 91.7%
Northern Ireland 90.9%
Scotland 92.5%

Btw, we should be similar to NI.

India reached +90% antibodies against Delta and they reached herd immunity e.g. Delhi.

https://www.google.com/search?channel=crow5&client=firefox-b-d&q=delhi+covid

It’s possible that most people have antibodies from vaccination, rather than from infection, and the vaccine doesn’t prevent transmission as they weren’t designed for Delta, too many breakthrough infections.

What is needed is Vaccination + Delta Infection and/or Vaccination + Booster, which gives stronger immunity against Delta.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, antibody and vaccination data, UK - Office for National Statistics

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back