Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (12 Viewers)

Took my first antigen test in a while today, 3 days post from a day on the beer in town. All clear.

Serious amount of landfill in those things.

What are the current accurate info re the vaccine?

Last few weeks I've heard lots of the "it doesn't stop you getting it or giving it to people" crowd,.

But I have read things about how it still does reduce the chance of picking it up and if you have it it lowers the chance of transmission (there was a Dutch study which was saying you're 60-68% less likely to pass it on if vaccinated that I read about). Is that still correct information?

*sigh*

You'll need to be vaxxed to go to the cinema or theatre now too.
Our cinema has been asking for the cert anyway, and I've heard most are, so seems to be just making it concrete.

I don't honestly think they've a choice about shutting nightclubs. I mean, there are relatively few nightclubs etc., so I don't believe they have the potential to be mass avenue for outbreaks, but closing them is technically a move the government can make. They haven't much other room to legally limit dense indoor congregation of people, short of bringing back km limits etc.

But the choice they did have was to not allow this scenario to take hold. From day one they should have been providing supports for such venues to install kick ass ventilation systems, but heads remain bizarrely buried in the sand on this issue...

What are the current accurate info re the vaccine?

Last few weeks I've heard lots of the "it doesn't stop you getting it or giving it to people" crowd,.

But I have read things about how it still does reduce the chance of picking it up and if you have it it lowers the chance of transmission (there was a Dutch study which was saying you're 60-68% less likely to pass it on if vaccinated that I read about). Is that still correct information?
Data is massively in flux, but the last I've seen is that the potential for re-transmitting wanes hugely after just a month, while severity of illness holds out for longer. And it depends which you got. Pfizer is performing, but wasn't it mostly us old farts that got it? Lots of youngsters were J+J and AZ which are performing pretty badly.

Data is massively in flux, but the last I've seen is that the potential for re-transmitting wanes hugely after just a month, while severity of illness holds out for longer. And it depends which you got. Pfizer is performing, but wasn't it mostly us old farts that got it? Lots of youngsters were J+J and AZ which are performing pretty badly.
As in the potential to prevent retransmission wanes after a month? Just want to be clear.

I wish they'd just do a snap 2-week lockdown to get numbers under control, and then be able to ease things again before Christmas. Anyone could see the way the numbers have been going the past week or so. Don't understand the slow reaction from those in charge.

I wish they'd just do a snap 2-week lockdown to get numbers under control, and then be able to ease things again before Christmas. Anyone could see the way the numbers have been going the past week or so. Don't understand the slow reaction from those in charge.

Yeah we are weeks from xmas. A clear plan from here to early january to get the most out of family time with the least damage possible should have been here two weeks ago

you dont understand the slow reasction from those in charge?
its ineptitude.

what country have you being living in the last 2....3.....4...100 years?

In a spectacular piece of bad planning on my part, I’d just bought fancy proper grown up shoes. I’m not going to need those things for months!

I also bought a pair of Vans. Hedged me bets

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back