Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (3 Viewers)

Just used my VACCINE PASSPORT for the first time ever to get some sweet indoor dining action in the blanch centre Burger King. I am nothing if not classy.
Pfft. I ate inside an Italian place there a few weeks ago and didn't have to show my passport. They could probably tell I was sound.

I've a fair bit of contact with people over in Yankland.

A fair few of them are getting sick, with the vaccine. It's a bit odd. Not everyone that I work with, but a fair fraction at this point. They aren't getting absolutely bollixed by it, but they're off for several days and arriving back in on meetings sounding rough as fuck.

I dunno. Every one of them has had the vaccine. They're not dying, so I suppose it's grand? It's strange to see these sort of numbers.

might have mentioned it before, but my wife is hearing a good bit of anecdotal tales of women's menstrual cycles being thrown out of whack by the vaccine.

So, that's 700 times the HSE is aware the virus has been brought into schools in just a couple of days, yet still no need for masks or proper ventilation measures? This is madness...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So, that's 700 times the HSE is aware the virus has been brought into schools in just a couple of days, yet still no need for masks or proper ventilation measures? This is madness...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Heard from my sister yesterday. My nephew's (10) teacher has come back positive. They took him to a walk in test centre yesterday and are waiting to hear back.

However one of the other kids in the class' Dad bought the young lad a rapid antigen test from the chemist when they heard and it came back as looking likely that he has it. This child had been vomiting on Thursday and Friday (was kept home on Friday) so if that poor kid was ill then and my nephew hasn't become ill now he'll hopefully not become so if it is positive.

Wouldn't blame the school itself much, it is generally excellent. My nephew is in a proper classroom this year instead of a small portacabin, hope that helps.

Wouldn't blame the school itself much, it is generally excellent. My nephew is in a proper classroom this year instead of a small portacabin, hope that helps.
I wouldn't blame the school at all, it's entirely the Departments fault. They're clinging to outdated advice that transmission is principally droplets and remedied by handwashing and social distancing. Ireland has a slight blessing in that lots of old schools were designed with TB mitigation in mind, so they have good general air flow, but I think most schools haven't got adequate ventilation.

At the very, very least each room should have a co2 monitor, ideally in conjunction with a HEPA filter and open windows. Best practice would be extract ventilation, but at around a grand per room, the Dept will never pony up for that.

And masks... no reason the kids can't wear masks. Just back from Spain, lots of over 6's wearing them with no problem, but the Department spouted some nonsense about them being a choking hazard... studies in the UK saying that one in seven kids who test postive are displaying long covid symptoms. It's negligence to allow such a scenario.

Anyway, fingers crossed your nephew is ok.

And masks... no reason the kids can't wear masks. Just back from Spain, lots of over 6's wearing them with no problem, but the Department spouted some nonsense about them being a choking hazard... studies in the UK saying that one in seven kids who test postive are displaying long covid symptoms. It's negligence to allow such a scenario.

Anyway, fingers crossed your nephew is ok.

Unfortunately WRT to mask wearing the kid is in an ASD unit and lots of the kids in the class do have genuine distress with masks (as opposed to just not liking wearing them) due to sensory overload issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back