Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (7 Viewers)

My bother and brother in law, both got the vaccine at the same time...both now have shingles

where's my yellow vest...

It probably can - but shingles is a lot a about stress, having a shitty diet and being run down too.

source

Managed to get it twice.
Those things can be factors but it's an autoimmune thing, which tends not to care if you are happy and/or well-nourished.

It probably can - but shingles is a lot a about stress, having a shitty diet and being run down too.

source

Managed to get it twice.

Eep.

I got chicken pox about four years ago. The nurse who diagnosed me said it was because I was run down. Also shitty diet and stressed.

I'm kinda in that mode again at the moment, so that's worrying.

Shingles literally is the chickenpox virus, but it's a reoccurrence of the virus after it has lain dormant for years and years. The body's immune system still basically remembers how to fight the virus, so it doesn't hit as bad and manifests as shingles instead.

Just because this was my introduction to the word shingles...and I will never not think of this when I read or hear the word in question
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The first time I heard of shingles as a medical condition I laughed. The person who had it failed her college exams because of it. So again, stress seems to have been an issue.

Anyway I laughed and everyone in the group said "you're a prick seanc, shingles is really serious". I did feel like a prick.

A cursory look at the link in that link says all the people got it after their first dose and were female and most had some kind of rheumatoid arthritis. I got the pfizer as well, but I don't fit into that group, so phew.

I'm surprised newstalk leave the comment section open.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Full of anti vaxxers

The brother has gone to see the local wise woman who has "the cure". So all is fine again. Probably

My mother went for the cure when she had shingles. Some poultice made from plants was put on it and then the woman prayed over the sores.

It helped. I'd say it was the topical medication rather than the prayers that did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back