Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

sorry
where the fuck are all these cases coming from? most of the country is DICKHEADS, no school, summer is meant to see a falloff...
Its really fucking with the conspiracy lads who only a few weeks ago were throwing up graphs "proving" that the delta variant doesn't exist and vaccines did nothing because this virus just dies in summer and grows in winter.

here, uk is pretty much fully open, indoor dining, pubs, clubs, festivals, the euros, no masks and cases are not rising in a major way. what gives?

I think the original plan in the uk was to slowly re-open around end of august or sometime in september, because by then the vaccination rates would be high enough to make it all more manageable. then boris decided hey ho, fuck it, let’s just open up early. so the july wave was basically completely avoidable but they decided to sort of have it anyway, and the decline that is happening now is basically the result of the car of cases hitting the wall of vaccination.

bear in mind this is not something I have any expertise in, in any way, but it makes a certain kind of sense — especially the idea of boris just winging it.

my conspiratorial side-theory is that it suits the tories just fine to give the NHS another wave of crisis, that way it’ll be easier to carve up and sell off.

also, by way of contrast, germany is basically following a plan similar to the original UK plan, and cases are steady-but-low, whereas now in the UK cases are steady-but-high. and on the other hand, in florida, where there’s actual lunatics in charge and millions of antivaxxer/antimasker types, cases are through the roof, hospitals are collapsing, kids dying, total third-world type stuff

E8SLnYKXoA4F_zP

I had a long chat with a scientist and a guy who hasn't had it, even though he'd be classed as vulnerable.

We couldn't get through to him, but it was fascinating really. His thought processes and the way he phrased arguments and formulated his sentences were exactly like every other anti-vaxxer I've ever read online. Me and scientist were going "That's simply not how it works!!!".

Eventually we said "you've put all kinds of crap into your body over the years, drugs etc., and you have no idea where that stuff came from, but you're refusing something that every scientist in the world has had a look at, and thinks is mostly fine". It's the usual argument I use with these people. None have been able to give an argument back.

Anyway, did another test today, for the first time in a while. Still negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back