Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (9 Viewers)

i still get fucking rage when i see people in the shops without masks and stuff. is that normal?

I don't like the way I've become someone who, in the supermarket will nudge my girlfriend to get her attention and whisper "look at that prick" whenever I see one.

A few months ago I saw one in an infowars t-shirt and I needed much of the drive back to explain why I'd taken such an instant dislike to the guy. It's just a waste of mental energy.

Edit: And it can't be much fun for her to listen to.

I forgot to pull mine up properly over my face in a shop the other day, was wondering why people were shooting me daggers.

They also have slightly more vaccine factories and vaccine output to hoard. And a slightly larger and possibly slightly more administratively efficient health service.
The HSE has more doctors and nurses per capita than the NHS along with Ireland having a hugely developed pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, we should be on our third or fourth doses by now.

I had to to tell my little brother to stop reading that nonsense website. He was wrecking the family WhatsApp.
Or rather, my reaction to his links were wrecking the WhatsApp.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I helped a friend fill in the vaccination online form in June BUT they never heard anything back (no acknowledgement. nothing). my best guess is they typed in their email address wrong.

I suggested to her for two weeks that she needed to do something as the Delta variant meant she was much more likely to get sick in the near future.

so Friday last week I phoned the HSE vaccination helpline with her and asked her to have all their info ready when we met outside on a bench.
after getting onto a person fairly quickly I put them on to my friend who played a blinder and stuck it out for nearly 15 minutes.
they had no record of her but were able to register her.
by the end of the day (Friday) she had an appointment for Sunday at 9 am.

I had offered to go over to the vaccination place with her as an insurance policy that she would get up in time.
so I got a bus into town at 8:05 that Sunday. when I called to her door she was up but tired.
so we got the same bus back out to the edge of town @ 8:50 and I'd already asked the bus driver (a pal) to stop at vax centre which he was driving past anyway. he was very nice and helpful as always.

so we got off there and after checking we were in the right place I Ieft her to it.
after she got jabbed she texted me and said she would be able to go @ 9:25.

so then we had to walk about 400-500 metres back home.

she had no side affects afterwards apart from a sore arm.

I then went for a walk around the town ring road before getting the next bus home with the same cool driver.

my friend is notorious for missing early appointments and has been homeless.
she rarely watches the news.
when problems come up rather than doing something about it she often just tolerates it.
I met her today and she seems to have been wearing the same clothes for over a week.

with support and prompting you can get good results with her. but unfortunately she doesn't get enough of that.

there are people out there who aren't anti vaxers but if even small barriers are put in their way they just don't have much motivation about self care.

I helped a friend fill in the vaccination online form in June BUT they never heard anything back (no acknowledgement. nothing). my best guess is they typed in their email address wrong.

I suggested to her for two weeks that she needed to do something as the Delta variant meant she was much more likely to get sick in the near future.

so Friday last week I phoned the HSE vaccination helpline with her and asked her to have all their info ready when we met outside on a bench.
after getting onto a person fairly quickly I put them on to my friend who played a blinder and stuck it out for nearly 15 minutes.
they had no record of her but were able to register her.
by the end of the day (Friday) she had an appointment for Sunday at 9 am.

I had offered to go over to the vaccination place with her as an insurance policy that she would get up in time.
so I got a bus into town at 8:05 that Sunday. when I called to her door she was up but tired.
so we got the same bus back out to the edge of town @ 8:50 and I'd already asked the bus driver (a pal) to stop at vax centre which he was driving past anyway. he was very nice and helpful as always.

so we got off there and after checking we were in the right place I Ieft her to it.
after she got jabbed she texted me and said she would be able to go @ 9:25.

so then we had to walk about 400-500 metres back home.

she had no side affects afterwards apart from a sore arm.

I then went for a walk around the town ring road before getting the next bus home with the same cool driver.

my friend is notorious for missing early appointments and has been homeless.
she rarely watches the news.
when problems come up rather than doing something about it she often just tolerates it.
I met her today and she seems to have been wearing the same clothes for over a week.

with support and prompting you can get good results with her. but unfortunately she doesn't get enough of that.

there are people out there who aren't anti vaxers but if even small barriers are put in their way they just don't have much motivation about self care.
you are a decent skin. Fair play.

you are a decent skin. Fair play.
When I try to help out vulnerable folks some people make it really worthwhile like your woman I mentioned.
But other folks can be frustrating. Another friend of both of us got his benefit money on Wednesday and by Thursday evening he had no money left and had run out electricity.
He makes the same compulsive mistakes every week and is a heavy smoker (which alone is a vice he can't afford).
The only mercies are that at least he's not into gambling and he has supportive fairly well off parents.
But nothing I tried with him has really worked. He's only a danger to himself though - totally harmless.
His folks organised vaccinating him ages ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back