Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (15 Viewers)

I got my cert this morning, 20 hours after the injection.

I'm going to miss waiting in line with all the vaccination hotties now. Great days.

I don't get how that matters.

Is it the case that they have tested +ve for covid in hospital but are not being treated for covid symptoms so should not be counted in the hospital figures? But if you test positive are you going to be spending the remainder of your hospital stay in a Covid ward so in effect are using a Covid bed?

Are all scheduled patients still being tested for Coivd pre entry to hospital? My mother has had 2 Covid thests in the past year before scheduled trips there.
It probably doesn't matter, you're right.

But the hospital number have always been presented as the proportion of overall cases that translate to hospital (and ICU) cases. As in, people who get sick directly as a result of their having covid. Its from this perspective things change when they include asymptomatic cases in the hospital numbers.

From the start of the pandemic its always been a numbers game. The projected increased pressure on the health system was always calculated as a proportion of the projected overall figures.

I guess where this does become significant is when you consider that its this increased pressure on the health system that dictates whether restrictions are imposed or lifted. If covid isn't directly responsible for that added pressure, that should be taken into account when making those decisions.

I think its time for them to stop reporting daily figures. I can't see that it does any good, nor has it since that first lockdown when it could be used as a measure of progress.

I don't get how that matters.

Is it the case that they have tested +ve for covid in hospital but are not being treated for covid symptoms so should not be counted in the hospital figures? But if you test positive are you going to be spending the remainder of your hospital stay in a Covid ward so in effect are using a Covid bed?

Are all scheduled patients still being tested for Coivd pre entry to hospital? My mother has had 2 Covid thests in the past year before scheduled trips there.
Everybody in Cork has Covid anyway

It probably doesn't matter, you're right.

But the hospital number have always been presented as the proportion of overall cases that translate to hospital (and ICU) cases. As in, people who get sick directly as a result of their having covid. Its from this perspective things change when they include asymptomatic cases in the hospital numbers.

From the start of the pandemic its always been a numbers game. The projected increased pressure on the health system was always calculated as a proportion of the projected overall figures.

I guess where this does become significant is when you consider that its this increased pressure on the health system that dictates whether restrictions are imposed or lifted. If covid isn't directly responsible for that added pressure, that should be taken into account when making those decisions.

I think its time for them to stop reporting daily figures. I can't see that it does any good, nor has it since that first lockdown when it could be used as a measure of progress.
I may have explained myself badly.

What I was trying to say was that it doesn't matter if you were admitted to hospital for a broken arm or whatever else, if you're in there being treated for Covid even though it was picked up on in hospital then you're a Covid patient in the hospital.

If I levitated into a bed in a Covid ward and called myself Jesus Christ and had Covid, I'd still be using a Covid bed, then I'm a Covid patient so should be counted. And I assumed that was always the number that was being reported.

Anyway @Cormcolash has it right. Everyone is Cork has Covid. We're using it to discourage people from coming here and wrecking our buzz. Vaccines are making people come and wreck our buzz. Boo!

I may have explained myself badly.

What I was trying to say was that it doesn't matter if you were admitted to hospital for a broken arm or whatever else, if you're in there being treated for Covid even though it was picked up on in hospital then you're a Covid patient in the hospital.

If I levitated into a bed in a Covid ward and called myself Jesus Christ and had Covid, I'd still be using a Covid bed, then I'm a Covid patient so should be counted. And I assumed that was always the number that was being reported.

Anyway @Cormcolash has it right. Everyone is Cork has Covid. We're using it to discourage people from coming here and wrecking our buzz. Vaccines are making people come and wreck our buzz. Boo!
well thats a point. If I go into hospital with a broken arm and I test positive for covid, am I put in a covid bed, or am I sent home?

Its not clear at all really. The pressure on the hospitals is only a fraction of what it was at peak time so it looks like theres a very decent buffer there to get us through to when everyone gets their vax.

@Cormcolash is rarely right about much, to be fair .

My son got his Covid passport thing in the post today, not by email. It came from Revenue. So the HSE and Revenue have each other's numbers.
Revenue, Social Protection and HSE all use PPSNs for identification and linking citizens data between the different organisations

My son got his Covid passport thing in the post today, not by email. It came from Revenue. So the HSE and Revenue have each other's numbers.

Yeah, my dad got the same. I brought his post in for him that morning and he basically went,

"What do those fuckers want now?"

"Oh good."

Looking promising so far. I still think wednesday is the day of reckoning.

Less than 1500 wednesday is positive

something like 2200 by wednesday is ohhh fuck

1408 cases. If it had been the last two waves, we'd be either in 5km lockdown or 3000+ per day rising by 800+ a day now. This is good news, the vaccinination is showing an impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back