Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (14 Viewers)

HE'S JUST ASKING QUESTIONS
LIFE_Emmet_Kirwan_set_of_Heartbreak_1_26_January_2017.jpg

Cheers bud I agree with most of what you are saying. I love that phrase you coined 'soft coercion' thats probably closer to the pressure I am getting. My job never explicitly told me that I must get the shot. I want to say this - I had a brother who passed suddenly a few years ago from a pulmonary embolism and that was devastating to me, I hav had issue myself with clots but it was because of a tibia plateau fracture on my knee that required a serious operation fitting plates and screws. Some clots developed and I was put on blood thinners for close to a year then when I read about the vaccine and some countries including are own either suspending or banning them for a period because of clotting that just made me very nervous. I'm a contrary bastard by nature maybe to my detriment and just the more I thought about this with the 'soft coercion' from work the more I dug in. But I can see that type of attitude may not be good in the long run.
As far as the clotting thing, that was only attributed to the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine as far as I know.
The Pfizer vaccine (and I think the Moderna too) hasn't had any of those issues (which were actually miniscule) and hasn't been suspended at any point, so there shouldn't be any problem getting either of those ones.

I'm worried that we will go down the slippery slope of creating a two tiered society by labelling people who are vaxxed and those who are not. This inevitably leads to a new breed of discrimination and bigotry -an upper class of the vaxxed, and a lower class of the un-vaxxed. Either you conform to these rules or you can expect social segregation.
All this stuff already exists anyway. It's called being rich and not being rich.

this discussion is going nowhere. just let it go
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't you believe in free choice? I do, it's my body after all and I don't like being pressured into doing something I do not want to do. So yes I am feeling a bit pissed that there might be some kind of discrimination or loss of employment.Sureyou can still catch Covid even if you take it so I do t see the point in any case. Obviously all this discrimination will impact me psychologically.

ignore*

the very reason we are talking about being able to open up restaurants is because of the vaccination program.
if you don't want to partake in a program but want to let everyone else do the legwork for you - and then you still want the benefit of everyone else's 'sacrifice', don't expect the red carpet to be rolled out for you.
Going down this road leads not a free society but a totally regulated society with only one acceptable lifestyle as prescribed by the health paternalists.

Going down this road leads not a free society but a totally regulated society with only one acceptable lifestyle as prescribed by the health paternalists.

look if you’re going to do this, you really need to own it. don‘t say “health paternalists,” say “soros-funded globalist paedophile elite cannibal death merchants.” have some style, dammit

look if you’re going to do this, you really need to own it. don‘t say “health paternalists,” say “soros-funded globalist paedophile elite cannibal death merchants.” have some style, dammit
Now you are being silly. I don't think it will work and a lot restaurants and pubs to their credit are pushing back against it. How can this even be implemented legally? its nay impossible. I have mates who got jabbed and they are wholehearted against this as well.

Now you are being silly. I don't think it will work and a lot restaurants and pubs to their credit are pushing back against it. How can this even be implemented legally? its nay impossible. I have mates who got jabbed and they are wholehearted against this as well.

just saying you need to get your branding right. gotta anticipate the next moves, too. I reckon you ought to lean more towards dropping in “vaxtatorship”, “nanny state 2: the nano-nanny,” and “bum-rushed na héireann.” especially in your insta stories. not sure what way the kids are swinging it on tiktok, you’ll need to figure that part out yourself. but then, as a man who’s not afraid of a bit of the old self-directed online research, that’ll be no trouble

just saying you need to get your branding right. gotta anticipate the next moves, too. I reckon you ought to lean more towards dropping in “vaxtatorship”, “nanny state 2: the nano-nanny,” and “bum-rushed na héireann.” especially in your insta stories. not sure what way the kids are swinging it on tiktok, you’ll need to figure that part out yourself. but then, as a man who’s not afraid of a bit of the old self-directed online research, that’ll be no trouble
I'm just saying that I value freedom of choice and am worried that that is going to be taken away from me.

Last edited:
I'm just saying that I value freedom of choice and am worried that that is going to be taken away from me.
i know someone with a double lung transplant (she has CF). i'm sure she'd applaud your exercising your freedom of choice which means she couldn't go into restaurants for fear of being dead in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
i know someone with a double kung transplant (she has CF). i'm sure she'd applaud your exercising your freedom of choice which means she couldn't go into restaurants for fear of being dead in a couple of weeks.
She can still get covid or the delta variant from the other vaccinated though.

jesus mate, if you want to practice your freedom of choice, own your choices and don't push the results of your choice on others.
all vaccines currently being given in ireland have shown themselves effective against delta. it's not some sort of twisted get out of jail free card for you.

jesus mate, if you want to practice your freedom of choice, own your choices and don't push the results of your choice on others.
all vaccines currently being given in ireland have shown themselves effective against delta. it's not some sort of twisted get out of jail free card for you.
Ok well then she has nothing to worry about if she is fully vaccinated, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back