Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

fuck... just reading Lili's post.

OK. Looks like the story is more complicated than I was suggesting. I don't think I'm completely wrong (?) but the story might be more complicated and related to first exposures. But yeah, looks more complicated maybe.
Is COVID likely to end up like flu so? It's just so much more infectious and dangerous it'd seem awful if we accidentally banked on the wrong variant one year and it was down to 10% effectiveness

Dunno. It looks like it could do? In the sense there's going to be sweeps of variants like Delta. Various corona viruses have been knocking around forever, and infecting humans forever, so relatives of this could hang around for a while I think.

I dunno.. my immunology is literally from the 90s. I don't work in immunology now, I'd defer to most other people on the subject.

so long as there's big money in it for the drugs company they will be sufficiently motivated to try and stay ahead of it.
yeah, and the state could just step in if it was felt that pharma companies were taking the piss.

The economics people know exactly how much a pandemic can balls up GDP now, and there'd be (you'd hope) a bit of erring on the side of funding gov programs that deal with this for a few years. Like, pharma companies can do this stuff, the NIH funded Moderna, but there's still plenty of talent getting paychecks more directly from the gov.

Strangly, I just learned that every time Dems control the house and the senate, public health and the NIH get less money. So there should be less money getting forked out by the gov in the next budget, if you were to go on past example, but this year might be different.

so long as there's big money in it for the drugs company they will be sufficiently motivated to try and stay ahead of it.

Only this afternoon I wondered how much all this is costing and googled it. The us and EU are paying about $15.50 per dose to Pfizzer, and there was a Pfizer exec quoted as saying that when we move into the post-pandemic stage I think I read that they're planning on pricing it in the $150 a shot range. Initially tried to get the EU to pay 50 a pop.

So yeah, plenty of money out there for them to keep it going.

Isn't the latest on the MRNA vaccines that they're going to give years worth of immunity*?

* Immunity as we've been discussing here doesn't appear to mean immunity from catching it.

GPs taking a pay cut at that rate probably. They'd normally charge out 150-220 an hour on a busy day in the surgery.
A lot are running clinics though. Thats where I got my vax. There were a number of sessions each day, with lots of people (don't know how much - a couple of hundred maybe). There were 3 doing the vaccinations and 3 others working, managing the queue, observing during the 15 minute post-vax wait, etc.

It took about 3 mins per person to get the vax into them.

Decent scary thread on the UK right now

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't want to get the jab but feel pressured by my job...I fucking hate needles and have had clotting issues in the past so am shit scared for obvious reasons. Please help!!

I don't want to get the jab but feel pressured by my job...I fucking hate needles and have had clotting issues in the past so am shit scared for obvious reasons. Please help!!
If it's any comfort, this particular jab is practically painless and over in a split second. It's nothing like the needles my doctors and dentists use.

As for the clotting, best talk to your doctor?

If it's any comfort, this particular jab is practically painless and over in a split second. It's nothing like the needles my doctors and dentists use.

As for the clotting, best talk to your doctor?
I think I will take my chances and not take it..if covid kills me then so be it.

Based on my experience you probably won’t feel the injection at all (#2) and if you do it’s barely anything noticeable (#1).

I think I will take my chances and not take it..if covid kills me then so be it.
What is your work saying? We don't need 100% of people taking it for the fabled herd immunity, sounds like you have a decent cause to be worried. I'd rather everyone of all age groups who wants it be given it and we'll see where we are at that point.

What is your work saying? We don't need 100% of people taking it for the fabled herd immunity, sounds like you have a decent cause to be worried. I'd rather everyone of all age groups who wants it be given it and we'll see where we are at that point.
Asking me if I got the jab and saying that everyone got the shot..its an around about way kind of pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back