Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (11 Viewers)

But you don't deploy those moves unless you're really committing.
Hah. I've known well one person who was able to fight, boxed in gyms he was a kid, fought amateur fights of various disciplines for a couple of decades. The only thing he told me about any of these kinds of situations was pretty much exactly this:
only get involved with anything if you are going to be 100% committed, with everything that entails, including potentially killing someone. No half measures, no have a bit of a ruck and work it out from there, no throw him a dig for a lesson. Think everything through, think about the law getting involved, and either GTFO of there (recommended) otherwise completely commit, nothing in between.

I'm not exactly out looking for fights, but I suppose I remembered this sentiment. Interesting to hear it again.

so I heard... somewhere? that getting hammered on the first dose might imply a previous infection. Which I'm fairly sure applied to me.
Did you suspect you'd caught it before?

No, I was really careful for the whole time because I was the link to the outside world for my parents. I'd be shocked if I'd even had an asymptomatic case.

No, I was really careful for the whole time because I was the link to the outside world for my parents. I'd be shocked if I'd even had an asymptomatic case.
Huh. OK. Interesting.

My institute was shuttered fairly early after one of the door security people caught it and died. I would have been filing past him several times a day. The day after we shuttered I felt really confused, swollen hands and toes, but I attributed everything to me being not able to get out on the bike. And most likely hung over.

In hindsight the bland hot sauce should probably have set alarm bells ringing at the time. I was locked away in my little apartment though, so I guess the whole isolation thing probably worked in the sense I might not have spread it?

getting hammered on the first dose might imply a previous infection. Which I'm fairly sure applied to me.
Did you suspect you'd caught it before?
Well this is interesting. I have never heard that anywhere before. "might imply" doesn't mean much, but it's interesting.

I felt hammered after my first jab. Took me a couple of days to realise it though.

Today the boss brought his son into work, who's just had his jab. The kid did catch Covid a few months ago. I described my post jab feelings and he said yeah, he felt similar. There's no reason to assume I haven't had it, although I have been as careful as I could be. I've done a bunch of tests, all negative, but they're not 100% reliable.

It would explain a lot, If I've actually had it and not known. but I'd obviously need more information.

Well this is interesting. I have never heard that anywhere before. "might imply" doesn't mean much, but it's interesting.

I felt hammered after my first jab. Took me a couple of days to realise it though.

Today the boss brought his son into work, who's just had his jab. The kid did catch Covid a few months ago. I described my post jab feelings and he said yeah, he felt similar. There's no reason to assume I haven't had it, although I have been as careful as I could be. I've done a bunch of tests, all negative, but they're not 100% reliable.

It would explain a lot, If I've actually had it and not known. but I'd obviously need more information.
I can't remember where I heard it.
This paper seems to suggest I didn't just make it up a few minutes ago, although I'd not trust 100% myself on that either.

I mean, intuitively it makes sense right?

Like your body got infected, mounted immune response, cleared infection, set up it's immunological memory magic, the vaccine elicits a response fast because of the memory cells, and you feel like shit because your body is gearing up for a massive fight. It's effectively a booster shot.

Another scenario would be the first triggers a slow normal, novel adaptive response, and the second triggers a big one. But, in a way from your body's point of view this is the same thing: "I've seen this before, it's a prick, kill it with fire"

I mean, intuitively it makes sense right?

Like your body got infected, mounted immune response, cleared infection, set up it's immunological memory magic, the vaccine elicits a response fast because of the memory cells, and you feel like shit because your body is gearing up for a massive fight. It's effectively a booster shot.

Another scenario would be the first triggers a slow normal, novel adaptive response, and the second triggers a big one. But, in a way from your body's point of view this is the same thing: "I've seen this before, it's a prick, kill it with fire"

I don't think I've ever typed the word "immunological" before, but yeah, It makes sense that my body has set up an immunological response. I hope I remember this tomorrow to impress my frens.

Does this mean when I get jab 2 in a few days, I'm going to be better or worse for it? Obvs I want it, but I'd rather be prepared if I'm going to be even more messed up than I was after the first jab.

I don't think I've ever typed the word "immunological" before, but yeah, It makes sense that my body has set up an immunological response. I hope I remember this tomorrow to impress my frens.

Does this mean when I get jab 2 in a few days, I'm going to be better or worse for it? Obvs I want it, but I'd rather be prepared if I'm going to be even more messed up than I was after the first jab.
the next one gives you spider powers I believe.

Ah jaysus, I can barely manage the limbs I have.

Oh wait, sorry I was confusing Spiderman with The Fly there.
So Spider powers? I can be easily squished and be annoying and dislike the smell of chestnut and you can wreck my dewey gaff as you walk to work in the morning? That sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back