Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (11 Viewers)

I got one turboprop from London City to Dublin. At the time I thought it was crazy and a little bit scary. Some people just think "planes are bad", "shorthaul flights are bad", which they are, but they exist. So, seeing as they exist....

I don't want people flying shorthaul for fun at all, but there's a cohort of people that don't understand the basics of air travel (or the energy mix in general) and just think it's all utterly evil. And they make the rest of us look bad. "We need more efficient engines designed by silicon valley!" No we don't, necessarily.

I got my vaccine in Croke park earlier, it was grand and smooth. They use a fairly small room though. You'd think with all of croke park there they'd space things out a bit more but instead at the front in the covered areas there was one of those queues that doubles back on itself multiple times so that you can fit more people in the same space. Also they said don't be more than 5 minutes early. I got there about 20 minutes early and saw there was a queue down the street so I joined it. Hardly anyone joined after me and when I got out there was nobody queuing in the street.

It's amazing. The amount of people I've seen with their brains boiled in their skulls from sun and booze in the last two weeks is astonishing. I walked from Hoxton to Old Street on Sunday morning and there were mobs of shirtless/England top wearing lads and ladies with their appendages spilling out pissed as lords at 11am. Can only imagine how the day went from there. People just turn a blind eye to it.
IT'S COMING HOME

yep, and AFAIK on those short hops, the jets never actually get up to cruising altitude - they climb, and then start to descend. and it's at cruising altitude where a jet is at it most efficient.
it was always more to do with the number of people they could squeeze onto the plane. For a while Aer Lingus were servicing the Heathrow route with those massive Airbus planes that they normally save for long-haul. And were running a flight every 40 or 50 minutes. It was madness.

I got a Stobart over to Manchester once. It was great. Just felt like getting the bus. Richard Hawley was on my flight.

Lets face it, turboprops are the only plane it's fun to go on.

I had no idea they were called "turboprops" though, I just called them "Oh look, we're using a propeller plane for this flight"

want to get a Cuban vaccine, they've been developing fucking five of them! Where are the Irish vaccines eh?

want to get a Cuban vaccine, they've been developing fucking five of them! Where are the Irish vaccines eh?
They're havana laugh

Someone mentioned to me lately that there's a direct correlation in the early '90's between the reduction in football related violence and the introduction of Ecstacy/MDMA, which is shown through the music of Hacienda etc. And that also led to the gentrification of the working mans favourite sport. I haven't any papers to cite to support this, but it makes sense to me.

Similar happened in Ireland.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I flew to Derry from Dublin once. Took the same time as the bus all told (including security in Dublin) but I was one of only four passengers and I got a free newspaper. Which I could then read on the flight because I don’t get travel sick on planes like I do on buses. This was about 12 years ago, even then it seemed fairly wasteful.

Lets face it, turboprops are the only plane it's fun to go on.

I had no idea they were called "turboprops" though, I just called them "Oh look, we're using a propeller plane for this flight"

was once at a wedding in the UK, the woman sitting beside me was telling her that her grandmother was arthur bomber harris's driver during the war. she once reversed the car into the turning propeller of a lancaster bomber, that was her bit for the war effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back