Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (29 Viewers)

So the Brits are delaying reopening the gaff.
Are we just plowing on ahead despite the majority not even had their first jab?
the portal for Registering for 30-39 age group is not actually working. Page is still the same from last week (40-49).
Are they having a laugh?
I don't know what's to delay. All the pubs, cinemas, restaurants, galleries and museums are open. Central london is a toxic hellhole of boozed up brits at the moment

I don't know what's to delay. All the pubs, cinemas, restaurants, galleries and museums are open. Central london is a toxic hellhole of boozed up brits at the moment
wouldn't be surprised if this was intentionally targeted at the tail end of the Euros so they could pack out the stadia for England matches. Big kudos for useless Boris if he pulled that one off.

just how busy/important are those routes anyway?
OIP.fuPr2xtSgYQEzyLtpL2bUQHaEt

Ah I have no idea really, I have a thing in my head saying that there's probably a fair few Americans flying into Shannon, going around Kerry for the views/their family history and then skipping Dublin entirely and flying to London or somewhere from Kerry airport.

It's bonkers in a way to have airports in Donegal and Kerry but if they can make it work where's the harm?

actually, the main issue i have with stobart closing those routes would be the possibility of the short hop flights like bristol being left to ryanair etc.
it's lunacy to fly a jet from dublin to bristol AFAIK; turboprops are far more efficient for that length of flight.

Ah I have no idea really, I have a thing in my head saying that there's probably a fair few Americans flying into Shannon, going around Kerry for the views/their family history and then skipping Dublin entirely and flying to London or somewhere from Kerry airport.

It's bonkers in a way to have airports in Donegal and Kerry but if they can make it work where's the harm?
I remember the days of the Shannon stopover. If you got a flight from America to here, almost everyone on the flight was American, and almost everyone on the flight got off in Shannon. I quizzed an old woman about this and they said that most of them did a loop over a week to 10-days that headed around Munster for most of it, swung up through Kilkenny, on to Dublin, over to Galway, then back to Shannon.

Now (or at least pre-pandemic now) everyone is American, and almost everyone is transferring to flights to elsewhere in Europe. No one wants to fly to Dublin to actually go to Dublin. Probably because its a smelly kip.

The Donegal flights were for overly wealthy people with second homes to not have to deal with the whole Ireland bit. Also some commuters - like 3 hrs vs 12 hrs to some locations means a lot if you've a young family.

I'd say WFH wrecked this for the long term.

the portal for Registering for 30-39 age group is not actually working. Page is still the same from last week (40-49).
Are they having a laugh?
Hey man, can't close everything down for fifth lockdown unless you reopen it all first!

Are they having a laugh?

to be honest, I'm not noticing much difference between what we're doing now and real life.

It's basically impossible to maintain the rules as they are now anyway. So if it continues like it is, then it'll be grand to wait four more weeks. Grand for me like, not so great for other industries. The wedding based industry has really been fuckered, for example.

People are sick of it, and y'know it's England. I'm not one for stereotypes, but these people do not understand the equation: "too much alcohol+direct hot sun=you're gonna wreck yourself". They don't understand it, and they don't want to. Especially not when the footballs on.

Plus Britain is a few weeks ahead of you in the jabby race.

to be honest, I'm not noticing much difference between what we're doing now and real life.

It's basically impossible to maintain the rules as they are now anyway. So if it continues like it is, then it'll be grand to wait four more weeks. Grand for me like, not so great for other industries. The wedding based industry has really been fuckered, for example.

People are sick of it, and y'know it's England. I'm not one for stereotypes, but these people do not understand the equation: "too much alcohol+direct hot sun=you're gonna wreck yourself". They don't understand it, and they don't want to. Especially not when the footballs on.

Plus Britain is a few weeks ahead of you in the jabby race.
It's amazing. The amount of people I've seen with their brains boiled in their skulls from sun and booze in the last two weeks is astonishing. I walked from Hoxton to Old Street on Sunday morning and there were mobs of shirtless/England top wearing lads and ladies with their appendages spilling out pissed as lords at 11am. Can only imagine how the day went from there. People just turn a blind eye to it.

It's amazing. The amount of people I've seen with their brains boiled in their skulls from sun and booze in the last two weeks is astonishing. I walked from Hoxton to Old Street on Sunday morning and there were mobs of shirtless/England top wearing lads and ladies with their appendages spilling out pissed as lords at 11am. Can only imagine how the day went from there. People just turn a blind eye to it.

It's a fascinating thing, anthropologically.

I think people old enough to remember the '80's think "well, this isn't so bad, compared to how soccerball fans used to be".

Someone mentioned to me lately that there's a direct correlation in the early '90's between the reduction in football related violence and the introduction of Ecstacy/MDMA, which is shown through the music of Hacienda etc. And that also led to the gentrification of the working mans favourite sport. I haven't any papers to cite to support this, but it makes sense to me.

Nonetheless, stick six stellas in a dickhead in the sun, and their gonna be a sun-drunk dickhead with six stellas in them. As if they're searching for a history they neither remember nor fully understand. How must that feel, you drunk English? We wouldn't know.

Aha, I just looked it up - turbofans more efficient at lower altitudes and speeds. Interesting!
yep, and AFAIK on those short hops, the jets never actually get up to cruising altitude - they climb, and then start to descend. and it's at cruising altitude where a jet is at it most efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back