Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

one of the things that has given it a bit of a push recently is this pretty detailed article:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

written by a guy who, on the one hand, has been a prominent science writer for decades. aaaaaand on the other hand — milkshake duck alert! — he wrote a book a few years back that a lot of people thought was super racist... so let’s just say that he might be trying to do a bit of personal rebranding here, alongside the actual facts of the case.

That's tremendously interesting.

To push back a little on it, so much of his evidence of "it was created in a lab" comes from US embassy led tests/checks etc. which all assumes that they have no ulterior motive, a laughable position tbh considering how many in the USA government (eventually) want to win a war with China.

As i've said in the podcast thread, I've been listening to the new season of Slow Burn (problematic at best), and there's an entire episode on the anthrax scare, and another on the UN weapons inspectors, and the inadvertent takeaway is that when US foreign policy interests and good scientists interact, they have a tendency to find what they set out to find, even when it's proven false at a later date.

But even with that in mind, interesting all the same.

I'll be Pfizer-ing it up week after next, woop woop. But if any of you have any advice at all I'd love to hear it.
I've had jab 1 of Pfizer, no apparent side effects. The again we had a baby 2 days before I got the jab so I wouldn't really have noticed an apocalypse taking place outside the door lately.

he wrote a book a few years back that a lot of people thought was super racist
Looked it up - arguing that the world is the way it is because Europeans are cleverer? Racist clearly, but also just so daft - you could have made a similar(ly daft) argument for Arabs being cleverer 1200 years ago, or Chinese being cleverer at various times. Why do otherwise smart people so often fall into the stupid idea that we're at the end of history?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back