Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (7 Viewers)

wavid mcdilliams had an interesting enough piece in last weekend's times about how emigration may have affected ireland's low fatality numbers. we're tied for second lowest (with north macedonia) in europe for proportion of population over 65. only turkey is lower.
half a million people left ireland in the 50s, and i think similar in the 60s, so many of those would now be appearing as stats in the UK rather than here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

he’s the most perfect example in Irish public life of the whole neoliberal technocratic-managerial class that David Graeber so clearly outlined in Bullshit Jobs (and much of his other writing). It’s so on-the-nose that Donnelly actually worked for McKinsey. He’s the perfect pointless-consultant type.

anyway here’s vincent browne tearing him to shreds for jumping to Fianna Fail (a move I could imagine Donnelly now possibly significantly regrets)

Yay South London variant, apparently connected to the South African variant. Not exactly near me by London standards, but only a few miles away. It's even infecting people who've already been vaccinated.

The pubs opened yesterday, I avoided them yesterday but was kind of looking forward to going tonight. Maybe not.

what's this about ?

My question is why was the EU Erasmus student programme allowed proceed for 2020-21 in the middle of a pandemic ????
Yeah, exactly. Like I heard yesterday that there's 500-odd Irish students on Erasmus right now, and I was just like WTF???

I mean Erasmus is a totally great thing, but eh maybe suspend it for a year when there's a bit of a global pandemic doing the rounds?

my sister - who turned 40 last month - was today given an appointment (a few weeks away) for her vaccine.
the only medical issue she has is haemochromatosis. i don't know if that is known to be a higher risk for covid.

he’s the most perfect example in Irish public life of the whole neoliberal technocratic-managerial class that David Graeber so clearly outlined in Bullshit Jobs (and much of his other writing). It’s so on-the-nose that Donnelly actually worked for McKinsey. He’s the perfect pointless-consultant type.

anyway here’s vincent browne tearing him to shreds for jumping to Fianna Fail (a move I could imagine Donnelly now possibly significantly regrets)

fuck me.

I should start watching TV. This was outstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back