Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

It's part of the bigger picture is all. Like if you could magically stop all community transmission tomorrow, but you don't do anything to screen flights in any way, then you'll still have cases popping up around the country from people arriving with it on planes. So a proper strategy to get rid of this shit has to incorporate flight screening in some manner.
Look at New Zealand, they're dealing with their first case of it in months right now, and it seems to have been brought back by a woman that was travelling in Europe (although apparently she did do the 2 week quarantine and tested negative so they're a bit puzzled alright – but couldn't it have survived that long on a piece of clothing in her suitcase or something like that)
not really. Supposedly it can only survive on surfaces for 24 hours. It needs a living host to survive beyond that.

The New Zealand thing is mad though. Like, before they went into full lockdown when 6 cases were found. Even though it all seems rosy there from the outside, I reckon people must be stressed off their heads knowing they could go from having full freedom to going into full lockdown, at the drop of a hat.

And the thing about flights is, everyone will have been tested under the new rules. The chances of anything coming in via flights is very slim. But its not about the chances of bringing in big numbers of cases, but rather about wanting to keep the new strains out, which is fair enough. But, those strains are still somewhat localised, so the targeted measures they're suggesting, are so obvious that even the cretins making the rules got that one right.

I heard on the radio that they're gonna keep up the checkpoints at the airport wanting to know if people are travelling, why they're travelling. ie; is it 'essential' travel. This without there ever having been any officially provided definition of what 'essential' travel, is. They're also gonna do people going to the airport for being outside their 5km, even though the 5km rule ONLY FUCKING APPLIES to exercise. Truly we have the dumbest bunch of fucks running the country.

It's part of the bigger picture is all. Like if you could magically stop all community transmission tomorrow, but you don't do anything to screen flights in any way, then you'll still have cases popping up around the country from people arriving with it on planes. So a proper strategy to get rid of this shit has to incorporate flight screening in some manner.
Look at New Zealand, they're dealing with their first case of it in months right now, and it seems to have been brought back by a woman that was travelling in Europe (although apparently she did do the 2 week quarantine and tested negative so they're a bit puzzled alright – but couldn't it have survived that long on a piece of clothing in her suitcase or something like that)

Yeah fair enough - I'm just looking at the whole xmas super spreading though and it sorta has me in a spot where I see too many people are happy to pretend to follow guidelines for show and not really grasping the realities of it.

I'd Like to go for zero covid tbh, in fact i'd love it. I really am missing the pub and the concept of seeing some music and chatting to three dimensional women.

We kinda have the problem that micheal martin at his core thinks that belfast is never mind not in Ireland, but is some kinda nightmare state ruled by young paisley's ghost that he can never negotiate with without losing face at local síbín in cork, and even if he did just see it as a job of diplomacy he has no rudder, so it's kinda on Arlene to make it happen. Arlene is pragmatic but you have to convice her that she'll make a lot of underhand money somehow.

lol De Valera's Fianna Fail would never let Ireland run an oppressive regime on our densely populated island

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I heard on the radio that they're gonna keep up the checkpoints at the airport wanting to know if people are travelling, why they're travelling. ie; is it 'essential' travel. This without there ever having been any officially provided definition of what 'essential' travel, is. They're also gonna do people going to the airport for being outside their 5km, even though the 5km rule ONLY FUCKING APPLIES to exercise. Truly we have the dumbest bunch of fucks running the country.
We really do. Except it's not dumb, it's wilfully ineffective. They literally don't want to introduce any kind of proper quarantine travel regime because then they would have to do it in the Summer when they all fuck off on their holidays to Lanzarote. And Mehole would have to go through it when he goes to Washington in March.
Also quarantine measures would impact their mates that run meat factories, because the Brazilians and Eastern Europeans working there would have to not come in for two weeks after they take their holidays home. Apparently these places are back into outbreak mode again, just like last Summer, because FFG take 'donations' from the owners so they stay unchecked.

People are pointing the obvious fuck out openly now, that they can't go more than 5k from their house, but they can fuck off to a beach in the Canary Islands if they want.

I'd like to influence every influencer to go and take a big running jump off the highest skyscraper in Dubai

Some American twat fucked off to Bali last year during the pandemic, and has written a book about how to move to Bali. Now Indonesia are deporting her, HA!

We really do. Except it's not dumb, it's wilfully ineffective. They literally don't want to introduce any kind of proper quarantine travel regime because then they would have to do it in the Summer when they all fuck off on their holidays to Lanzarote. And Mehole would have to go through it when he goes to Washington in March.
Also quarantine measures would impact their mates that run meat factories, because the Brazilians and Eastern Europeans working there would have to not come in for two weeks after they take their holidays home. Apparently these places are back into outbreak mode again, just like last Summer, because FFG take 'donations' from the owners so they stay unchecked.

People are pointing the obvious fuck out openly now, that they can't go more than 5k from their house, but they can fuck off to a beach in the Canary Islands if they want.
I heard there's a meat factory in Wexford that is riddled. Its the same old shite. Lockdown, get the cases down, blame it on something other than what the actual problem is, open back up, cases spiral because of meat factories/direct provision, rinse and repeat.

I heard there's a meat factory in Wexford that is riddled. Its the same old shite. Lockdown, get the cases down, blame it on something other than what the actual problem is, open back up, cases spiral because of meat factories/direct provision, rinse and repeat.
Apparently towards the end of the summer in Ireland Covid was pretty much gone out of the community but it started resurfacing again pretty much because of conditions in meat plants. Workers were taking paracetamol to hide their symptoms because they weren't receiving any sort of sick pay. You just have to look at what happened in Tullamore. Offaly was put into lockdown back in August after cases started appearing in Carroll Meats. All the businesses in the County had to shut down for 2 weeks to stop the spread. Except, of course, for Carroll Meats which was allowed to stay open the whole time.

Apparently towards the end of the summer in Ireland Covid was pretty much gone out of the community but it started resurfacing again pretty much because of conditions in meat plants. Workers were taking paracetamol to hide their symptoms because they weren't receiving any sort of sick pay. You just have to look at what happened in Tullamore. Offaly was put into lockdown back in August after cases started appearing in Carroll Meats. All the businesses in the County had to shut down for 2 weeks to stop the spread. Except, of course, for Carroll Meats which was allowed to stay open the whole time.
imagine someone reading that in 50 or 100 years time. Like, they weren't even hiding how fucking corrupt they are.

Its kind of apt there's a Brasilian strain freaking us out now given how utterly shite we've treated people who have moved to Ireland from there.

Brace yourselves

My God.

Course who can blame them being confused when even the MAINSTREAM MEDIA is running this crap:

EsQeQrzXAAAz8qK.jpg:large

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back