Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (10 Viewers)

The oul Dunphy and Roisin Shortall from the Soc Dems were on the Tonight show last night talking about this kind of shit. Their main point being that at no point has there been any proper attempt made to keep track of whether people travelling to and from Ireland are actually quarantining/isolating as they should be. Basically, filling out a form and answering a phone call means you could actually just be doing whatever the fuck you want, which let's face it is a hefty enough part of what happened at Christmas there.

There isn't a 14-day isolation period in place in Ireland, and there hasn't been at any point so far, because nobody is really checking if it is happening at all. And it isn't. One thing I would point out is that in terms of the entire pandemic period, the fact is that for the most part the people travelling places during a worldwide pandemic are the people who won't give a fuck about breaking the 'isolation' rules. The people that do travel already don't give a fuck about that.
The people who do care about the rules and don't want to spread the virus, for the most part won't travel unless it's unavoidable
So in other words, I would think that the majority of people travelling into and out of Ireland right now wouldn't give a fuckin shit about isolating for 14 days, and will be quite happy filling a form out and answering a phone call when they know nobody is actually going to be calling to their house.

And for a good example, I give you The Brits in Switzerland: Covid: Hundreds of British skiers flee Verbier amid Swiss quarantine
You know which ski holiday people didn't flee that quarantine? The ones who decided not to go on a ski holiday this year because there's a global pandemic doing the rounds.
well there is a way to travel and not act like a fuckhole, which those pricks obviously did. When I come back I'll have to get tested before I travel. Then I'll have to isolate after I get home. And I fully intend getting a private test done about a week after I'm back. And thats coming from a country that's producing about 700 cases a day (which a positivity rate of 6%) to one thats only starting to drag itself out of the shit.

there is too much anecdotal shite going on about people doing shit. That anecdotal shit needed to be concrete shit, and the fuckers doing it needed a hefty prosecution.

The biggest cause of the spread of the pandemic has been cunts acting the cunt. Nothing else.

That anecdotal shit needed to be concrete shit, and the fuckers doing it needed a hefty prosecution
I think I heard that the guards only got the power to fine people for flouting the rules maybe last week or the week before?
But yeah - actual enforcement of the law doesn't really seem to be a big thing in Ireland, by and large, does it?

well there is a way to travel and not act like a fuckhole, which those pricks obviously did. When I come back I'll have to get tested before I travel. Then I'll have to isolate after I get home. And I fully intend getting a private test done about a week after I'm back. And thats coming from a country that's producing about 700 cases a day (which a positivity rate of 6%) to one thats only starting to drag itself out of the shit.

there is too much anecdotal shite going on about people doing shit. That anecdotal shit needed to be concrete shit, and the fuckers doing it needed a hefty prosecution.

The biggest cause of the spread of the pandemic has been cunts acting the cunt. Nothing else.
Yeah, my main point is that unless there's a system of physically tracking people coming into the country, then the '2-week isolation' rule means absolutely fuck all

Oh also my housemate that was previously saying you had to pay like 160 quid for a covid test in Ireland, I said to him that the GPs were doing it for free and his point was "Try arranging a test with a GP and see what happens". Apparently although it is free, if you aren't already registered with a GP they will basically tell you to go fuck yourself if you phone up to try and arrange coming in for a test.

Yeah, my main point is that unless there's a system of physically tracking people coming into the country, then the '2-week isolation' rule means absolutely fuck all

Oh also my housemate that was previously saying you had to pay like 160 quid for a covid test in Ireland, I said to him that the GPs were doing it for free and his point was "Try arranging a test with a GP and see what happens". Apparently although it is free, if you aren't already registered with a GP they will basically tell you to go fuck yourself if you phone up to try and arrange coming in for a test.
100 lids in that place by the airport.

I think I heard that the guards only got the power to fine people for flouting the rules maybe last week or the week before?
But yeah - actual enforcement of the law doesn't really seem to be a big thing in Ireland, by and large, does it?
I think that just relates to going outside the 5km travel zone. They've been able to issue fines for other offences, such as house parties, etc, for a while now I believe.

I (38) only registered for a GP in 2019 and it was a pain finding one that would take a new patient. Moved to Dublin in 2005.

Previously I just used walk in places in the city center. Which I think I used twice. Once to confirm I had chicken pox, and another one to get my ears cleaned.

Are there a lot of people like this? At our age (I know I'm older than most of ye, but still)?
I'm registered with a GP in Kildare. I went to register with one here in Westmeath where I now live and they basically told me not a chance. They did scribble my name on a piece of paper and said they'd put me on the waiting list to be on the waiting list.

I'll have to find a new GP now i've moved into the sticks.

My previous doctor was going to take on the girlfriend a few years back before hearing that she had a medical card and suddenly (on the same phone call) having no places available. Charming pricks.

I'll have to find a new GP now i've moved into the sticks.

My previous doctor was going to take on the girlfriend a few years back before hearing that she had a medical card and suddenly (on the same phone call) having no places available. Charming pricks.
See my post earlier. It's next to impossible to find a GP who will put you on their books in the sticks these days. There just aren't enough of them to go around.

Weirdly, he was kinda right. If I understand it right, most medical diagnoses begin with the patient feeling unwell somehow, and the statistics of diagnosing people correctly without that first step are fairly shaky

Having said that I get a checkup every year, cos my health insurance pays for it. My doctor doesn't complain

I had swollen tonsils for 6 months. Scheduled an appointment for checkup, was told next free slot was 3 weeks away, said okay sure, because it wasn't serious but I figure I shouldn't have swollen tonsils for 6 months and be feeling run down tired every now and again.
2 days before the appointment my tonsils went down for the first time in 6 months, go figure.

Explained this to the doctor, doctor basically acted like they didn't believe me. Nice.

Weirdly, he was kinda right. If I understand it right, most medical diagnoses begin with the patient feeling unwell somehow, and the statistics of diagnosing people correctly without that first step are fairly shaky

Having said that I get a checkup every year, cos my health insurance pays for it. My doctor doesn't complain
What do they check every year? Is it like a thing you can get? Check up please doctor! I must check if my insurance covers this

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back